Decorative Grips Photos

Rate this topic

Billy 40

the shapes are lol's that I did at the show. Lightened the mood a little, made some people laugh.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

View Postthe shapes are lol's that I did at the show. Lightened the mood a little, made some people laugh.

Did me thats for sure. I scooped up a few of these at the show and wish I had bought more now, maybe I will finally get off my dead ass and work on grips a little more.

Thats what its all about

A couple more from my 2007 folder. Many of you will recognize the GReen & blue rod, as the wrap is on my keychain and the grip makes it was to shows and gatherings as a showpiece. Rod broke 4 minutes after makng the first cast, first fish I tried to set up on it blew up

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."

It's going to be time to start removing people if you guys can't act like adults. I don't care if you don't like someone's work, that doesn't give you the right to antagonize, insult or harass them. That goes both ways. I've had to delete about 20 posts the past two days, I'm done deleting posts, I'm removing people next time. Act like adults, if you don't like someone, ignore them.

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Set of Rose grips for my Mom. This was the first grip I wrapped. Sick amount of detail on the Rose, took me a lot of time to make this grip.

The Plumber's rod. Love the theme.. I designed the Wrench wrap just for this rod.

View PostI agree Tim,I dont know what or why....I try to show folks other ways and idea's,techniques,,such as this beauty here

I don't recall ever seeing a post on techniques, Dave. Has one been posted somewhere?

For example, I love the stingray grips because of the texture and durability in a salt environment. But blazing my own trail to seamless grips with those because I'm unaware of a post by you or anyone else on a technique for those. Actually, not even a picture of the underside of a grip that I've been able to find.

Dire, it's great when you are able to incorporate someone's personalty/love/obsession in a fishing rod. One of the things I enjoy most is not only being creative to this extent, but sharing my techniques with anyone who asks.