Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Ten Warning Signs You're a Striper Nut

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Ten Warning Signs You're A Striper Nut

10. You're absolutely convinced that striper fishing is the most fun anyone can have -- with or without one's clothes on. biggrin.gif Sleep schmeep, gotta catch the next tide...

9. Your pet (dog, cat, ferret, fill in the blank) or spouse has bald spots resulting from your attempts to harvest a little material for your flies and bucktails.

8. Your spouse complains of you mumbling "Get da gaff, get da fargin' gaff!" feverishly in your sleep. cwm24.gif

7. Your everyday non-fishing conversations are peppered with phrases like "She's a keepah" or "She was my first 50" icon15.gif or "He's such a googan" or "Gosh darnit, I'm gonna kill that motherchunker."

6. You've renamed the agonizingly slow Christmas/Hanukkah holidays "T.A.T", in honor of "Tackle Acquisition Time", because that's the only activity that will keep you sane throughout the long hard winter (other than partyboatin' for 'togs and cod).

5. You've dyed your pet (dog, cat, ferret, fill in the blank) or spouse a lovely chartreuse, bubble-gum, or glow-in-the-dark color (see #9).

4. You've discovered that the uni-knot line-to-line splice makes for wonderful electrical connections.

3. You don't waste striper carcasses - they're nifty for fertilizer after all -- and your driveway is covered with scales.

2. There are only two political parties in the U.S., the CCA and the RFA. wink.gif

1. You devote all your working hours surfing http://www.stripersonline.com reading posts written by people - with silly sounding handles - (like "Fishweewee"). tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

-FWW

[This message has been edited by fishweewee (edited 07-15-2001).]

You know you are a striper nut when . . .

13. You go to your loving wife and say, "Honey, I have an idea . . . I think it would be a great to use my computer know how and love of catching stripers and host a fishing website . . . and forgo the idea of a "real job with benefits... "

When you and the love of your life are on vacation in the Carribean, and you start pointing out the bars and holes during a long romantic walk on the beach.

Tim, the surfcaster and offshore angler have your credit card number memorized.

and they all send you post cards to see if you are OK (if you don't order anything every month)

1.EVERY PRESENT YOU GET,BIRTHDAY,CHRISTMAS,OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL OCCASION HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH FISHING NO MATTER WHO ITS FROM. EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM.

2.AND AT WEDDINGS AND OTHER MAIN EVENTS IF YOU CAN'T TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT FISHING FOR BASS YOU REALLY DONT HAVE MUCH TO SAY.

3.YOU ALSO THINK EVERY CONVERSATION RELATES TO FISHING IN SOME WAY.........BUT UNFORTUNATELY NOBODY ELSE DOES.

WE ARE ALL SICK AND MUST STICK TOGETHER NOT TO FIND A CURE BUT TO FIND BASS.

STRIPED BASS ANONYMOUS

------------------

<{{{SRFtactics><

-More baitfish in your freezer than food...

-At least one parking space in the garage is reserved for all your fishing stuff...

-You have more gear than your wife has shoes, handbags, clothing, and jewelry combined...

-You tend to forget your wife's birthday and your own wedding anniversary. But you NEVER forget a charter date or a choice tide...

-Your wife attends Bass-anon meetings...

All true of me, yes...

"Hello, My Name Is Fishweewee, I'm A Bassaholic"

Also, did I mention...my wife's sister actually told me to get psychiatric counseling for my fishing affliction?

I took them all to the beach as punishment for that remark.

cwm31.gif

Really, no joke...and I don't fish half as hard as some of my sharpie friends do!

-FWW, obviously demented