durabond follow up

Rate this topic

dogboy

i put out the first coat of durabond on an old plaster wall

it is well below the surface

how long should i wait before applying the mud?-

i have heard that regular plaster walls need to sit quite a while before painting- didn't know if it applies to a second coat of plaster or not

i am using paper tape in the corner, where i cleaned out the old plaster from top to bottom

there are two irregular cracks running out of the corner which i have used ceiling buttons to stabilize- one is about 18 inches and runs down to a window frame

the other is about 4 feet long and runs across the wall at about 4 feet

should i use paper tape along the edges of those as well?

if so, i was thinking about cutting it down the middle and applying it along the edges to make it easier to feather in

If the cracks are deeper than the finish plaster, clean them out to 1/4" wide or so, spritz with water and fill with durabond (cold peanut butter consistency). Strike the db flush with surrounding wall, wait 2-3 hrs and tape the cracks with paper tape.

Durabond can be recoated when set, if you are going over a 3/8" plus coat, wait 8-12hrs.

YMMV

cwm8.gif

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

View Postdurabond is very tough to sand so be caredful not to leave too much extra.

Switch to EZ-Sand after taping icon14.gif

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace