Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EAD

Anyone in Pest Control?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Sort of a weird outlet - but hey, I figure the Surf Talk community is pretty large so why not!

Is anyone in the pest control industry? A technician, business owner, etc?

For the past while I've been mapping out the start of a small business. However I have no experience in the industry. Just a great deal of knowledge of the local wildlife fauna and I also have about 10 years of venomous animal handling. Needless to say - I need some assistance.

Is anyone out there?

Ed

View PostI was an Ag Pilot for 5 years. That count?

Not what I'm looking to get into - although it sounds really neat, and I've read all the reg's on it already because they are mixed in with the other ones. wink.gif

It could be helpful of course though! The company you worked for, did they just dust fields or did they do general pest control as well? (Or did you work for a farm?) Depending on which you'd have to have a license. If you did, how informative was that training? Will I expect that to fill in a lot of blanks for me?

I appreciate your input!

View PostNot what I'm looking to get into - although it sounds really neat, and I've read all the reg's on it already because they are mixed in with the other ones. wink.gif

It could be helpful of course though! The company you worked for, did they just dust fields or did they do general pest control as well? (Or did you work for a farm?) Depending on which you'd have to have a license. If you did, how informative was that training? Will I expect that to fill in a lot of blanks for me?

I appreciate your input!

I was required to have an aerial applicator's license. I also had to have several courses in entomology including pesticide/herbicide chemicals before I could apply to take the state test.

I also had all the FAA requirements to meet as well. I flew fixed wing and rotorcraft Ag aircraft.

We did not do general pest control. It was only agricultural. Good luck to you. Be careful around those chemicals. Some are quite nasty.