F-150 window motor (2004)

Rate this topic

dogboy

View Posthaven't touched it yet

i do plan on waiting for warmer weather

i need to replace the mirror on the same door, so while it is off i thought i new motor would make sense, if it is indeed the motor

I have not done a 2004 F-150 but would guess they haven't changed much, the most important thing is make sure you have the right replacement motor or assembly for your specific vehicle. If you have a helper to hold the glass it's easier if not use duct tape to hold the window in place. I also recommend that you put a towel inside the door before you remove the 2 nuts holding the glass so if it gets away from you it won't shatter. The most recent vehicle I have done this on is a 2002 Ford Explorer and found that the cable had cut itself into the plastic housing and caused the cable to snap. It's kind of a PITA doing, if your handy and think your way through it is not that difficult, there will be holes on the inner door panel that will allow you to remove the nuts holding the glass to the regulator.

i haven't done the window motor, but did do the mirror on my 04 f150. Pretty simple, and I assume once you have the door panel off, it is easy enough to access the window motor too.

Best prices on parts seems to be ebay.

about 4 years ago we got a real cold snap and my passenger window stopped working for a couple of days, then when it warmed up it worked again, but ever since it goes a little slower, and makes an slight grinding sound. but it has worked for 4 years, so i guess it is OK. so maybe wait until it gets a little warmer and then see if it truly needs to be fixed?

View Posti haven't done the window motor, but did do the mirror on my 04 f150. Pretty simple, and I assume once you have the door panel off, it is easy enough to access the window motor too.

Best prices on parts seems to be ebay.

about 4 years ago we got a real cold snap and my passenger window stopped working for a couple of days, then when it warmed up it worked again, but ever since it goes a little slower, and makes an slight grinding sound. but it has worked for 4 years, so i guess it is OK. so maybe wait until it gets a little warmer and then see if it truly needs to be fixed?

And we wonder why the world is going to hell so quickly.beatin.gif

ZacS, I'm not picking on you, but you did express it perfectly.highfive.gif

If being stupid got us into this mess, how come being stupid can't get us out?
I don't want to behave improperly, so I just won't behave at all.

it was indeed the switch- it started working again yesterday, but it is not 100% functional

i swung my my local garage and he gave it a little squirt of something he called "johnson's"- but i didn't have a chance to read the can

is there some kind of spray that might fight any corrosion in the switch contacts without gumming things up or frying the circuit board?

i do have a can of tri-flo that locksmiths use, presumably because it doesn't leave a residue but does lubricate and protect things

had the same thing with my '06...sometimes the switch would'nt work. Got annoying. popped it out and apart...inside under the toggle there's a plastic pin that actuates the micro switches for up and down. That pin was worn. Actually looked melted a little. If you're not hearing that click like the other 3 window switches make then it's probably the same thing. Can't remember exactly what I did but a little tinkering got it working again (might have borrowed one from one of the other switches). Going down worked fine, going up was hit or miss occasionally then got uncomfortably frequent. haven't had a problem since...