Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

StripersOnline Plug Builders - 2011

Rate this topic

182 posts in this topic

Here's your chance smile.gif

We're going to make this a yearly thing now, a public service announcement if you will -- if you are a registered member here and consider yourself a regular contributor to this website -- let's put together a list of all the flea markets and fishing shows that you will be attending this year.

(no links or URLs please - and any show specific discussions should be in a new thread - this thread is about the builders, NOT about the shows. This is not a thread for people to list shows their friends will be attending, it is for the builders themselves only.

**Tackle shops are not considered "shows", regardless of how or what they name their event, it's still a tackle shop. Please do not list tackle shops, shows at tackle shops or shows sponsored primarily by a tackle shop - this thread is for "flea markets and fishing shows", not tackle shop events. Thanks.

***please feel free to also post couple pictures of your stuff...no point in telling folks where yer gonna be unless you can get them drool.gifsmile.gif

**It doesn't matter if you are a commercial builder, basement builder, or as big as Gibbs Lures...if you consider yourself a regular contributor here, we would like to help you get the word out smile.gif

So fire away -- and if you are NOT a builder, please keep the discussion/comments to a very bare minimum...or start a new thread...it's free yah know wink.gif

**If you are not a regular contributor to this website (that means beyond posting a handful of times conveniently around fishing show season) please don't bother - this thread is to help the folks who contribute here. It's not for friends of builders, show sponsors, show organizers, tackle shops, etc...just builders themselves. Thanks.

TimS

First off - thank you as always Tim for giving us the opportunity to let folks know where we'll be. We all sincerely appreciate that.

Looks like I'll be heading back to Berkeley again this year and hope to visit the food fling as well. I am still contemplating what I'll be bringing with but I'm pretty sure I'm going to focus on the things I don't make as often (jointed, jointed giants, jointed dannys etc). I'm also planning on bringing a larger version of the Bathroom Door Popper (aprox 3oz). I'll post again here as the time gets closer to give everyone a little better idea what I'll have on hand.

And in keeping with tradition - I'm going to make an effort to expand the collaboration stuff a bit for the show. It seemed pretty well received last year. This year it looks like I'll be working on plugs from Johnny(swimmers), Lu (bottles/bottle darters - at least I think Lu is going to be able to make it), Guppy(3oz Canal Specials aka 3oz Juniors), Jigman(Pikies) and possibly Bernzy(not sure yet - but probably howdys). Its kind of become a fun diversion for me to offer some collaberation stuff from builders (all members here and good friends of mine) who I really respect. Should be a lot of fun again - really looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.

photo is some giant jointeds that will be heading with me - they just need their clothes smile.gif

Ryan

RM Smith

As RM said, first a big thank you for Tim for allowing us to post this on his website, much appreciated.

Ruru Lures will be at two shows this year, Surfday and the Berkley Fishing Flea Market. Surfday we will have our plugs on display and a shop that carries them will be there selling. The Berkley Show be selling direct and have all of my plugs available for purchase. At the Berkley show they will be sold in the boxes that you see below. Plugs are as follows:

Large Danny

Medium Danny

Pipsqueak Danny

Eely

Conrad Junior

Fat Max Jointed Swimmer

EMGRED Death Machine

Traditional Pencil

New Jeresy Needle.

Please note the New Jersey Needle will only be available at the Berkley Show.

I look forward to meeting and speaking to many people from this site there.

Thanks Again,

Billy

View Postcan we find any of you gentlemen in any NY , Long Island Shows or flee markets ?

thanks

Hydraman,

I struggle with this every year as I am from Long Island and now live and primarily fish in NJ. Unfortunately I only make a limited number of plugs due to family and work constraints so at most I can do or two shows per year at most, and in the future it will probably only be 1 show. For some reason most of the LI shows charge a big price for vendors compared to the NJ shows.

Make a drive out to some of the NJ shows and you will be more than happy.

Billy

View PostHydraman,

I struggle with this every year as I am from Long Island and now live and primarily fish in NJ. Unfortunately I only make a limited number of plugs due to family and work constraints so at most I can do or two shows per year at most, and in the future it will probably only be 1 show. For some reason most of the LI shows charge a big price for vendors compared to the NJ shows.

Make a drive out to some of the NJ shows and you will be more than happy.

Billy

thank you for taking the time the time to answer my questions billy very cool of you and thanks again, i think im going to take your advise and visit NJ for a show or two. i am in Massapequa and i love the fishing on the island but this year i would love to take a trip or two in NJ so hope i see you out fishing if i get lucky thanks again bud very coolsmile.gif

Harry

thanks tim and sol!

afterhours custom plugs will be at the following shows:

long island rec fishing expo

feb 4-6

marriott islandia

islandia, ny

jersey shore surfcasters surfday

feb 19

brookdale comm college

lincroft nj

berkley striper club flea market

mar 6

seaside heights nj

rhode island saltwater anglers assoc show

march 11-13

providence ri

asbury park fishing club flea market

march 13

asbury park nj

mass striped bass assoc show

march 26-27

plymouth ma

hope to see many old friends as well as meet new ones!

i'll post some pics in this thread soon, don

View Postcan we find any of you gentlemen in any NY , Long Island Shows or flee markets ?

thanks

Unfortunately (unless something changes) I'm a one hit wonder this year.

Ryan

thanks

Yes wink.gif

RI Poppers will be at:

Long Island Expo Feb 4th through 6th at the Marriot in Islandia

JSS Surf Day Feb 19th

RISAA New England Saltwater Show Mar 11 through 13th in Providence

MSBA Expo Mar 26 - 27 in Plymouth MA

Gonna have some new goodies in new patterns like our

Slant Head Swimmers :

SlantHeadSwimmers002.jpg

Our Big Bass Poppers :

BigBassPopper.jpg

And our super action Striper Candy :

tunatreats1.jpg

And of course our famous Pikies, Needlefish, Eel Swimmers and Fatheads along with a sweet collection of natural one of a kind lures like these:

NaturalLargeWoods029.jpg

SpecialWoodLures006.jpg

Thanks for all the support and Tim thanks for letting us list these up. Let's pray for an early spring wink.gif

Armand

Billy,

Will you do me a big favor before the Berkeley show? Could you take a couple out of the boxes, and scratch them up with a knife so I can fish the quilt free, because they are looking too darn purdy to get wet.

Man I can't wait!