Palin yanks "bulls-eye" web page

Rate this topic

dogboy

View PostThe media, NPR, ABC, CNN, FOX, etc. will not be demanding of right wing Republicans that they denounce and condemn Sarah Palin and the hoard of official Republican candidates, office holders, their staffs and the professional members of the Republican Party who have endorsed Palin, Angle and any number of others AS THEY WERE ADVOCATING ASSASSINATION in the most unambiguous language, with hardly a fig leaf to cover it.

I have a question that I would like answered.

Would you mind answering it?

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

Putting blame on Palin, when this whack job has admitted he did it because the Congresswoman voted against Pelosi as minority leader, is just stupid.

Take your blinders off and find the truth for yourself.

The shooter is a left wing nut job, he was nurtured on the left wing spin, like we read here.

If being stupid got us into this mess, how come being stupid can't get us out?
I don't want to behave improperly, so I just won't behave at all.

There are plenty of left wing web sites that are equally derisive of the right. I remember the old fashioned equivalent of left wing bloggers reveling in Reagan getting shot.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to tone it down from both sides. Although the major media outlets aren't nearly as bad as their detractors would have you believe. Violent video games are really part of the problem as well.

If you had to put money on causative factors, violent video games are likely more significant than media outlets. This guy wasn't listening to political opinions. His history suggest he had his own (delusional) ideas and other opinions had very little impact on him. But, if he was entertaining himself with violent video games (and i don't know if that was the case) it's pretty easy to blur the lines between reality and fantasy with his illness.

Laus Deo

View PostThe media, NPR, ABC, CNN, FOX, etc. will not be demanding of right wing Republicans that they denounce and condemn Sarah Palin and the hoard of official Republican candidates, office holders, their staffs and the professional members of the Republican Party who have endorsed Palin, Angle and any number of others AS THEY WERE ADVOCATING ASSASSINATION in the most unambiguous language, with hardly a fig leaf to cover it.

Umm...while were on the subject of delusional.

Laus Deo

View PostPutting blame on Palin, when this whack job has admitted he did it because the Congresswoman voted against Pelosi as minority leader, is just stupid.

Take your blinders off and find the truth for yourself.

The shooter is a left wing nut job, he was nurtured on the left wing spin, like we read here.

I just read the same where he admitted doing it because of Pelosi, I guess the ******** skipped that part in their playing of the blame game...

You have to stand for something or you will fall for anything. (Alexander Hamilton)

View Postblame?

or discussing the irresponsibility of putting out so much violent rhetoric into the political discourse?

I sure hope no Party uses this tragedy to score Political points, no one would do that.... would they cwm27.gifcwm27.gif.

This whole thing will elevate the nastiness of the rhetoric to new levels IMO.

When people are accused of inciting murder because of the actions of a deranged nut, they're not going to take it lying down.

It's going to get ugly.

View PostWhen people are accused of inciting murder because of the actions of a deranged nut, they're not going to take it lying down.

It's going to get ugly.

I think the violent rhetoric is out of hand,

it needs to be toned down.....

hopefully both sides, (and the right is more guilty of it)

should look at the hate speech and cut the crap.

unless this is the sort of actions those spouting off about the revolution are hoping for?

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Wow...... just wow.......rolleyes.gif

pols would not use over the top rhetoric if we stopped applauding it.

It adds nothing useful to the discussion, unless you really believe one cannot understand the idea of small government without threatening your neighbor with rhetorical references to violence.

"... let it go - lets move forward."

View Postpols would not use over the top rhetoric if we stopped applauding it.

It adds nothing useful to the discussion, unless you really believe one cannot understand the idea of small government without threatening your neighbor with rhetorical references to violence.

Politicians get away with what they think their constituents want to hear. When the intellectual bar that the voters set is here, there's really no reason to be surprised by what we hear out of the pols.