Random Images 2011 edition

Rate this topic

allen sklar

Photographs are reflections of our lives, here's the place to share!

On my way to work New Years day a huge hawk perched on a telephone pole at the end of Blaine Buntings driveway.......as big around as the pole, he wasn't scared of me or my truck, just watched me with a careful eye.

American Cemetary at Omaha Beach

Lowering the Flag

The immaculate grounds

The peace monument with the reflecting pool

The grave markers overlooking the beach

awesome place brings one to pause for sure

"Gradatim Ferociter / Carpe Diem / No Guts, No Glory

"I hate taxes, and Communism, and inflation. Now, get to work, and remember that the person who makes decisions around here is ME." Ronald Reagan

View Postsome guy I met on the beach about 7 seasons ago.... he even knows a thing or two 'bout fishin, but lives under a dark shadow with them there spinning reels wink.gif

cj i can't tell you how many yrs i drove by that guy on the beach.. i would wave then he would wave an that was it .... one yr back about 7 or 8 yrs ago .. i said i'm going to stop an see who this bum is ..course he had this big umbrella out an layin a chair ... with lol ,,this white shirt on an these long pants ....go figure ... guess he wasn't into tannin lolbiggrin.gif40.gif ... so i stopped to chattt ...an he regrets that to this day.... i hear him say ....dang here comes earl...he runs to his poles like hes going to bait them up... so i wait lmaobiggrin.gif ...then .. he runs to his chairbiggrin.gif .... we chatt a bit ..an i can hear him say as i walk away ..i thought he'd never leave lmao drool.gif

....its (photography) so funny, I take photos of all kinds of stuff, but what do people really want to look at???? Pictures of snow on the boardwalk.... 143 thousand image views in that one gallery today......but only one person bought photos (four dollars worth) LOL! I have no idea how these things happen, my usual numbers for a gallery might be 300 views a day....the internet and how it works will never be understood by me......

utah beach

looking west towards USA - only a single residence that was there in the day

looking east towards Belgium - nothing as far as you can see

looking south towards Paris - nothing but farmland, cause this portion of Normandy is the Kentucky of Europe - they raise the majority of thoroughbreds for all of Europe in Normandy

It's all private land and it's all like it was back in '43 icon14.gif

"Gradatim Ferociter / Carpe Diem / No Guts, No Glory

"I hate taxes, and Communism, and inflation. Now, get to work, and remember that the person who makes decisions around here is ME." Ronald Reagan

View PostPhotographs are reflections of our lives, here's the place to share!

On my way to work New Years day a huge hawk perched on a telephone pole at the end of Blaine Buntings driveway.......as big around as the pole, he wasn't scared of me or my truck, just watched me with a careful eye.

Attachment 424024

Great Pic's again Alan, thanks for sharing. The hawk is most likely a mature Red Tailed Hawk.highfive.gif

View PostSo the production crew was in town over the holidays (home from college) and they sifted through some video...this is one of the results:

" target="_blank">
&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"> Lvq-wd34qxc

Poppy

Poppy, that was great!

Mac and I have started up our winter hikes on the backside, I highly recommend you enjoy this side of the island too! Just pick any crossover and start walking.....except for 2 firearms days in Jan there is only bow hunting in the OSV zone so you can walk safely. Take your family and your camera there is no shortage of beauty back there.

hawk ID?