Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alaskansteve

boats & harbor

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Here's my boat running out to the fishing grounds, 27' x 11', volvo 41P diesel for power & i cruise a steady 18-20 knots when she's empty P2200001.JPG Here's the boat with a belly full of salmon & a bone in her teeth! P2200002.JPGThe harbor in Dillingham,AK no docks or bulkheads just a big mud puddle, notice that the boats are all sitting in the mud, the whole harbor goes dry at low tide( not a good place to be if a boat catches on fire!!) P2200004.JPG The lobster/gillnet boat i had back in NJ, 35'Henriques, 6-71N for power, i miss this boat!Any of you guys remember this boat? P2200008.JPG Another boat i had in NJ, believe it or not i used to catch starfish for a living! P2200005.JPGHey Guys,

Sorry for posting pics of commercial fishing boats but a few guys on the NJ page asked to see pics of my old boat so i thought i'd post pics of some of the boats i've had. I'll try to stay with pics of sportfishing & the land around here in the future. Sorry if i offended anyone with pics of commercial fishing or working boats. steve

Steve,

Reminds me of my days in Nantucket.

I used to open scallops after I finished my homework and when we had snow days I went out to help lift the dredges and cull.

Thanks for the memories.

The market for starfish "Mrs Paul's Fish Sticks" wink.gif

The stars went to schools for disection & biology classes.

And i'll do my best to get a shot of moose nuggets cwm13.gif to post, if you really want to see them !!!

Heading out tomorrow morning for a 3 day ride in the backcountry cwm12.gif , i'll post evidence when i get back. HappyWave.gif