Mike415

West Coast Random Images

Rate this topic

3,518 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, ReeseOfAllTrades said:

I was getting skunked a while back at Scott's Creek so, I decided to take some photos instead!

DSC02883-Enhanced.jpg

DSC02849-5.jpg

DSC02824-2.jpg

DSC02810-2.jpg

Great pictures! Looks phenomenal 

"The Forgotten Highlander" is truly sobering.   Different Army fighting Japanese soldiers but an eye opener for me.  Savage. God bless 'em.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Those last two are purty. ;)

Particularly the rod one...the staging is perfect, the lighting sublime, focus range really evokes an emotional response desiring to be that fisherman there fishing that day, contrasting perfectly to the background fuzzy Golden Gate evoking the desire to be that tourist there that day.

It's a seemingly simple picture that is actually remarkable.

Edited by cityevader

I was just in Scotland on a bucket list golf extravaganza, which included playing the Old Course at St. Andrews a few days before they closed it to complete preparations for the Open Championship next month.  I didn't know that the beach where they filmed the "Chariots of Fire" opening credits running scene was in St. Andrews (bottom pic).  We played 6 courses, 4 of which had holes right along beaches.  The water was super clear at all of them and the areas were devoid of litter, but I didn't see a single person fishing.  The top pic is from Crail.IMG_20220615_104115709.jpg.3a46ae4381e653f6af3ca00683af346d.jpg

IMG_20220612_184120742 (1).jpg

IMG_20220612_181928657.jpg