Mike415

West Coast Random Images

Rate this topic

3,018 posts in this topic

46 mins ago, moocks said:

Better get there. 

4A7631F4-0038-45CD-BC49-3FD0B3CEEACD.jpeg

Hey, I don't see the guy with the motorcycle chain around his waist, he usually fish there and he usually chain himself up behind the fence, so, he would not fall over.   Lol 

11 hours ago, Mike Fixter said:

A blast from my past deck hand days..... 18 miles off the Sand Hill Bluff... an excellent Albacore bite..... 200 plus..... & counting...

scan0031.jpg

scan0033.jpg

scan0036.jpg

scan0037.jpg

Who’s that young stud?

58 mins ago, ghostfish slayer said:

Is that D port. 

Looking from the boat toward shore it looked like we were straight off the Sand Hill Bluff which I think is indicated on most charts.  The bluff itself is around 4 miles South of D port.  Fairly close to shore for a fantastic Albacore bite..... Certainly much nicer that 200 miles off the beach....

Nice pic Mike from the commercial days. I would make a lousy deckhand as Albycor knows first hand, as I get seasick in a bathtub. Still has never stopped me from going and suffering through the sacrifices for that tug that is the drug, but is also why I love surf fishing so much, I can still kiss land at will while casting and catching. 

And I got 

17 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

Nice pic Mike from the commercial days. I would make a lousy deckhand as Albycor knows first hand, as I get seasick in a bathtub. Still has never stopped me from going and suffering through the sacrifices for that tug that is the drug, but is also why I love surf fishing so much, I can still kiss land at will while casting and catching. 

I got the video proof.  Just to nice to post.  But I might be willing to share at the fling.  I’m not above bribery.

Was out on a evening walk last week.

Heard a pop and a large section of a tree snapped off and fell on someone’s home.

What a bummer for the homeowner.

It wasn’t very windy so I assume the tree was rotten inside.

SF

83159885-D535-44B2-BD8D-BF5BAEE5FFD5.jpeg

AE6330E6-F8A7-48C2-9466-E6261DC85994.jpeg

17 hours ago, Stonefish said:

Was out on a evening walk last week.

Heard a pop and a large section of a tree snapped off and fell on someone’s home.

What a bummer for the homeowner.

It wasn’t very windy so I assume the tree was rotten inside.

SF

83159885-D535-44B2-BD8D-BF5BAEE5FFD5.jpeg

AE6330E6-F8A7-48C2-9466-E6261DC85994.jpeg

Dang... I hope no one was hurt. 

Luckily. no body was home at the time.

The noise the tree made when it let go will be with me for awhile since I was so close.

They were up with a chain saw late into the night so they could get a tarp on the roof before it started raining.

Hopefully they can get the damage repaired before the good summer weather goes away.

SF