Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishfood

Score one for the good guys.

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

So two weeks ago I ran into the hardware store for a minute, stupidly didn't lock my truck, and someone helped themselves to my iPod and adapter. I didn't even bother filing a report, thinking it was a lost cause.

Today I get a call from a detective at the local PD. They actually caught the little creep, and took the time to track me down. Lucky for me, the same guy stole a handgun from another truck a few days ago, so they took catching the guy a little more seriously than had he just stuck with MP3 players. 17 year old kid. Way to go, Beaufort PD.! highfive.gif

View PostSo two weeks ago I ran into the hardware store for a minute, stupidly didn't lock my truck, and someone helped themselves to my iPod and adapter. I didn't even bother filing a report, thinking it was a lost cause.

Today I get a call from a detective at the local PD. They actually caught the little creep, and took the time to track me down. Lucky for me, the same guy stole a handgun from another truck a few days ago, so they took catching the guy a little more seriously than had he just stuck with MP3 players. 17 year old kid. Way to go, Beaufort PD.! highfive.gif

Congrats. He'll do time for it now, with the stolen handgun. I'm surprised they took the effort to find you. icon14.gif

View PostGlad to hear they caught himicon14.gif

Were they able to recover your IPod and adapter?

Yup. I had never even reported it stolen. The detective found it among other stolen items this kid had (playstation, laptop, etc), and took the extra effort to track down who it belonged to and give me a call.

I think I'll ask the missus to whip up some cookies or something to take over to the station when I go to handle the paperwork.

View PostYup. I had never even reported it stolen. The detective found it among other stolen items this kid had (playstation, laptop, etc), and took the extra effort to track down who it belonged to and give me a call.

I think I'll ask the missus to whip up some cookies or something to take over to the station when I go to handle the paperwork.

Glad to hear that... and I'm sure they'll appreciate the gesture of thankssmile.gif

View PostYup. I had never even reported it stolen. The detective found it among other stolen items this kid had (playstation, laptop, etc), and took the extra effort to track down who it belonged to and give me a call.

Offer to take a group of officers fishing, especially if you have a boat, or show them a good shore spot. If they catch fish you'll find you don't get tickets anymore, that's what I do....now instead of tickets, I get a friendly wave & a smile. Always helps to "Grease the Wheels".....Mark

Glad you got your stuff back

I went by a town cop one time,I see him often , I was heading west he was heading east , he was staring at me so I waved . He pulled a 360 and pulled me over ..... 20 minutes of questions about why I waved then 10 minutes of him going through my car with a fine toothed comb looking for a reason to fine me and contraband in my car.

Better off flipping them the finger no questions about the intent .

To add to the fun, when the police showed up at the kids house with a warrant (eyewitnesses saw him break into the truck he got the handgun from), his dad threw a fit, threatened the officers, and ended up getting tased and arrested for resisting/obstructing. 9 times out of 10, if you show me a lowlife, I'll show you someone with lowlife parents.

Since the kid is a minor, I'm surprised they put their address in the paper, but they did. Only lives 2 blocks from me. I pass their house every day, and several times gave a friendly wave or head nod when they were out by the road. Guess that'll be the end of that.

View PostOffer to take a group of officers fishing, especially if you have a boat, or show them a good shore spot. If they catch fish you'll find you don't get tickets anymore, that's what I do....now instead of tickets, I get a friendly wave & a smile. Always helps to "Grease the Wheels".....Mark

Or send them bagels, pastries, whatever, with no strings attached. Cops take a lot of ****e from a lot of people. A well intended thank you would surely be appreciated.

View PostTo add to the fun, when the police showed up at the kids house with a warrant (eyewitnesses saw him break into the truck he got the handgun from), his dad threw a fit, threatened the officers, and ended up getting tased and arrested for resisting/obstructing. 9 times out of 10, if you show me a lowlife, I'll show you someone with lowlife parents.

Since the kid is a minor, I'm surprised they put their address in the paper, but they did. Only lives 2 blocks from me. I pass their house every day, and several times gave a friendly wave or head nod when they were out by the road. Guess that'll be the end of that.

Junior was a minor, but Obiwan Kifukkup certainly wasn'twink.gif

View PostTo add to the fun, when the police showed up at the kids house with a warrant (eyewitnesses saw him break into the truck he got the handgun from), his dad threw a fit, threatened the officers, and ended up getting tased and arrested for resisting/obstructing.

cwm27.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

I fish down your way sometimes. I like Beaufort.

Here is the story.

BEAUFORT -Town police officers arrested a father and son during the execution of a search warrant Wednesday at their home.

Charles Milton Smith, 54, of Beaufort, was charged with one count of resisting, obstructing and delaying officers. His bond was set at $1,000 and he is scheduled to appear in district court on Dec. 21.

His son, George Anthony Smith, 17, is charged with breaking and entering a motor vehicle, larceny from a motor vehicle, larceny of a firearm and possession of stolen property. He is being held under a $5,000 secure bond and had his first appearance in district court today.

Beaufort Police Chief Steve Lewis said police officers executed a search warrant at 105 Carteret Ave., the home of Mr. Smith and his son.

The search came following an investigation into a breaking and entering that occurred on Monday. Detective Eric Sassano led that investigation.

William Kelly of Newport reported someone had entered his vehicle, a 1995 Ford F150 and stolen a Ruger .22 revolver.

During the investigation, Detective Sassano gathered information, including statements from a witness that placed the 17-year-old Smith at the scene of the vehicle break- in.

Chief Lewis said as officers were executing the warrant, Charles Smith refused to cooperate and began screaming, threatening officers, cursing and failing to obey officers' commands.

They advised Mr. Smith he was under arrest for obstructing the investigation, at which time the suspect became combative, according to police. Officers utilized a taser to subdue smith and then took him into custody.

According to the chief, while searching the residence officers recovered the Ruger .22 pistol. They also recovered a Playstation 3 and a laptop computer reported stolen on Wednesday from a vehicle owned by John Shuck of Atlantic beach.

Chief Lewis said officers are continuing an investigation into numerous other vehicle and home break-ins that have occurred near the Smiths' residence.

Assisting Detective Sassano in the investigation were Lt. David Myers and officers Timothy Tucker, Phillip LoVoy, Ian Cooper and Chris Morey.

"Our officers worked quickly and efficiently to ensure a handgun wasn't in the hands of a criminal walking the streets of Beaufort and Carteret County," Chief Lewis said. "The officers utilized the team work approach in this case and did an outstanding job." clapping.gif