Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clyde123

scratched up VS

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

i recently got a vs 275 for a amazing deal mechanically. but not so cosmetically.....at all. there are a lot of scratches on it. and after fishing it a while. it being perfect for montauk. but not really jersey where i think i 200 is more suitable. anyone else have a beat up VS? what should i do?

Fish it.

Both my VS 250 and my Saltiga 6000-Z are scratched to hell and back. Doesn't affect how they perform in the least.

View Posti recently got a vs 275 for a amazing deal mechanically. but not so cosmetically.....at all. there are a lot of scratches on it. and after fishing it a while. it being perfect for montauk. but not really jersey where i think i 200 is more suitable. anyone else have a beat up VS? what should i do?

If you're using a VS in the conditions it was made for, it'll get beat up eventually smile.gif .

View Posti recently got a vs 275 for a amazing deal mechanically. but not so cosmetically.....at all. there are a lot of scratches on it. and after fishing it a while. it being perfect for montauk. but not really jersey where i think i 200 is more suitable. anyone else have a beat up VS? what should i do?

What should you do about what?? You bought it, you use it. Don't like it, sell it. If it works, I'd keep it. Not sure what your question is, hard to read your post..

My buddies VS is beat nearly to death cosmetically but still performs great. He likes it like that though! I have a pretty beat up stella, but she is still pretty.

I like the smallest reel I can get away with but that is just personal preference. If I ever purchase a VS I will probably start with a 150.

no of course im going to use it but just wanted some input cause every VS i see here is like a perfect 10 in cosmetics hahaha so i was just wondering who has the beat to s*** ones

I have a black vs200, and after one season it looks pretty worn. I will try to get some pics. Not terrible, but shows some scratches.

As far as size, I think my 200 is plenty big, and if I get another, it'll be a 12 ounce 150 (for a 9' rod)! To each their own.

I fish rocks, rocks, some sand around rock, and well...so that makes a huge diff. If it was only sand, i'm sure it owuld be sooo pretty!

View Postno of course im going to use it but just wanted some input cause every VS i see here is like a perfect 10 in cosmetics hahaha so i was just wondering who has the beat to s*** ones

those would be the guys who fish in the water not the interblab

I'm one of those people like you that although I know my Van Staal is a tool for extreme fishing, I still want it to look good...You should be able to have it anodized...Just Google places where you live...Their out there...

hahahah thanks guys. yeah its just everyone i noticed for sale or anything on here has been spotless. i was like how can that even be possible im careful with my gear, but when i rock hop it gets pretty intense