I Hate Bails

Rate this topic

drc

What I hate most about a bail is how high the judge always sets mine....:mad:

There's a couple of states in this country where my bail was intentionally set extremely low - since the judges threw me completely OUT of the states and didn't want anything hindering my departure...:D

Anger is no more a requirement of killing,
than fear is a requirement of dying.

Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

I've had the same problems with Cabo's ,Boca's, Okuma V Systems sent them back for repairs come back and soon start all over again. So now I just take the bail trip rod out and solves the problem, it just means you have to close the bail manually which I do 99% of the time anyway. It turns out it's the weight of the handle and centrifical force on the cast that pushes the bail trip rod to close the bail. When you talk to the reps at the shows they all say the same thing, you have to position the handle knob facing foward on each cast to avoid this problem. I tell them I wasn't aware that I bought a reel with a precast check list, this is the price we pay for a nice big knob to grab on too.

I Hear that Ken .. Oh well thats because you didnt do this or do that .. I give them the same thing as the salesman . You should post that on the Add . You Fancy Shirted Dump fruck whats your name Anal ? is that pernouced Ah-nell or is it what you like

Top Drawer Sport fishing " We Put Everything Into It "

... this is the price we pay for a nice big knob to grab on too.

...whats your name Anal ? is that pernouced Ah-nell or is it what you like

:shock:...and i thought my jokes were de-railing this thread...:shock:

Thanks for the tip Ken - I pretty much put my Cabo 60 into retirement because of watching plugs going for Jersey....(fly little friend! Be FREEEEEE!)

"When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."

There ya go you can always walk up the beach and back to the car when it Locks up like most do .. But you have to walk down to the shore to see what ya caught and or let the Fish Go :D

Top Drawer Sport fishing " We Put Everything Into It "

there was a thread in the main a while back, search for it....something about grease getting wher eit shouldnt be...pain in the ass, but if you are going to keep it, i would follow the instructions in that thread every other time you go out (break down instructions)...

had the same issue and sold it for cheap, just to get rid of the P O S.

I personally cut the bails off of all my reels for that reason.   I hate casting lures off cause I'm upset b/c thats my furthest cast of the day.   Honestly if you have the cash get the VS or ZB.   Can't tell you enough how much having these reels expanded my fishing.   Yes for a BWay they can be a pain if you hook up on the "let out" but besides that never an issue.   For the money the I would look into Stradic 8000 or even a Penn 704z.   Buy cheap buy twice.   If you fish hard and go through reels invest in the best...

Good call ^^^^ and info . I have a bail less 704 and i just cant get used to it . You know when that fish hits your First cast . I would be Effed :(

They have these "New reels" called ,,,, hmmm ,,,, :huh: conventionals.

"Growing old is inevitable growing UP is optional"
"Rock and Roll never Dies it just passes out"