Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Firinne

Ed...........

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

I never went on a tuna trip, can you explain how you harpoon a fish? Any show I ever seen where big tuna were caught they just used a big gaff or two. Wouldn't the harpooned area be ruined with blood and tissue damage?

Educate us!

View PostI never went on a tuna trip, can you explain how you harpoon a fish? Any show I ever seen where big tuna were caught they just used a big gaff or two. Wouldn't the harpooned area be ruined with blood and tissue damage?

Educate us!

Hey Bob, you said a couple weeks ago that your misinterpretation of SOL rules are that any thread calling out another member is against the rules.

Why are you going against your own misinterpretation of SOL rules?

View PostHey Bob, you said a couple weeks ago that your misinterpretation of SOL rules are that any thread calling out another member is against the rules.

Why are you going against your own misinterpretation of SOL rules?

I've noticed you have been become quite fond of me, following evey post I make here in the Tavernredface.gif .

View PostI've noticed you have been become quite fond of me, following evey post I make here in the Tavernredface.gif .

So, why are you breaking what you misinterpret is the rules? beers.gifheadscratch.gif

And I don't "follow" anyone, especially you.kooky.gif

View PostI've noticed you have been become quite fond of me, following evey post I make here in the Tavernredface.gif .

Oh, and if I were to "follow" you, I would have elaborated on the cop thread. I didn't want to hurt your little feewings, though, with some reality.

Spotter planes spot the fish while boats are in an area close by.

The harpoon boats have a pulpit on the bow. The pulpit is a long walkway for the harpooner to stand over the fish while stabbing.

The new way is as soon as the fish is hit someone hits it with an electrical charge and the fish is dead without running.

This saves the fish from becoming stressed and burning fat.

These are your top grade toro.

The electrical device can only be rented to boaters

Hope this helps

Bob, below (underneath my writing) is a picture of a boat (a vessel for travelling on the water). On the bow (the front end) of this particular boat is a picture of a tuna pulpit (the part that sticks way out in fron to the vessel). It is where a spotter (someone who looks for stuff) stands while the boat is underway (moving) to look for and harpoon tuna.

If harpooning tuna was never done before, or even a rare occurence, I highly doubt they'd have named the pulpit a "tuna pulpit".

Tuna-Profile-cruise.jpg