Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EricF

Airlines and baggage!!!!

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I'm packing to leave for Sasketchewan CA and Milk River Outfitters in Montana tomorrow. Guns already sent..already there..but this freaking 50lb crap is killing me. I'm currently at 47lbs and still gotta put my "shave kit" in there!!!! I've pulled out a stack of cloths, moved my binocs and range finder to my camera bag for carry on....will I make it???? I weighed myself (yes I was under 230wink.gif ), then weighed myself holding my bag....47lb...I got three to spare!! I don't want to do a second bag!!!!

My wife is like, "You're going hunting, why you need all that??" Whuuutt?!!!??

you can do it, just understand that there are some things you just CANNOT go without. start with that stuff, your warm clothes (Saskatchawan is freakin COLDDDD) , binocs, boots, all of that stuff. Then add the "luxuries". Its a lot easier to pick out the luxuries you dont need than deciding whether you want your hands cold of your feet cold. Have a great hunt biggrin.gif

is there anything in the bag that you can wear on the plane? Like a heavy jacket, boots etc? They only weigh the bag

Okay, leaving in about two hours.highfive.gif

I think I got it to 50-ish. I got rid of all the little crap in my shave kit bag...probably two pounds worth.cwm13.gif My carry on is 70lbs!biggrin.gif I crammed my binocs, range finder, streamlight, three lens, polorizers, and charger into my camera bag (Nikon DSLR)! I'm just gonna wear my heavy coat through the airport (pls note that it is quite warm here today), with my duck calls in the pocket...then I'll take it off when I get through TSA.

See ya on the flip flop in about twenty days, give or take a couple. I'll be whacking and stacking Canada style on Thurs/Fri/Sat...back to Montana on Sat evening...until the deed is done then hang out with the rest of guys a few days and shoot WILD pheasants!! biggrin.gif

What I do to save weight is jam as much clothing into my gun/bow case as possible. Save weight in the luggage and acts as extra padding. The only catch is, you have to buy a "double" case and can typically only fit one gun or bow in the case. I usually ship them ahead as well, for soome reason, I trust UPS morre than those ever so careful baggage handlers! redface.gif

Good luck, have a fun, safe trip!

View PostOkay, leaving in about two hours.highfive.gif

I think I got it to 50-ish. I got rid of all the little crap in my shave kit bag...probably two pounds worth.cwm13.gif My carry on is 70lbs!biggrin.gif I crammed my binocs, range finder, streamlight, three lens, polorizers, and charger into my camera bag (Nikon DSLR)! I'm just gonna wear my heavy coat through the airport (pls note that it is quite warm here today), with my duck calls in the pocket...then I'll take it off when I get through TSA.

See ya on the flip flop in about twenty days, give or take a couple. I'll be whacking and stacking Canada style on Thurs/Fri/Sat...back to Montana on Sat evening...until the deed is done then hang out with the rest of guys a few days and shoot WILD pheasants!! biggrin.gif

Sounds like a great trip. After deer in both places?

My brother's been chasing MT elk about 20 miles west of Yellowstone, since it opened last weekend. No cell service so I haven't heard from him. I think they're packing out today and I'll hopefully get an update.