Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SurfGazer

Show off my newly finished wall mount rod rack

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Finished my mini project of building a wall mount rod rack in my apartment's living room couple of weeks ago. I've referenced many "designs" on the web, especially the ones posted on the SOL before, I'm very happy about the final result. The rack can accommodate 7 rods, or 14 if I stack two on each slot. Total cost was about $40 for material and about 4 hrs of work.

Now I need a Shimano Stella, Van Staal or ZeeBass reel to further decorate this rack smile.gif.

View PostFinished my mini project of building a wall mount rod rack in my apartment's living room

Now I need a Shimano Stella, Van Staal or ZeeBass reel to further decorate this rack smile.gif.

So, how long have you been single? smile.gif

Nice rack, I'm relegated to standing all my crap in the garage. frown.gif

View PostSo, how long have you been single? smile.gif

Nice rack, I'm relegated to standing all my crap in the garage. frown.gif

LOL, I've been happily married for 20 yrs now. Wife always supports my fishing, besides I told her that I would build one or two nice rod racks in the living room walls so that we didn't have to buy framed pictures that would cost hundreds of dollars wink.gif.

View PostNice work, I am working on one but mime is drilled out 2x4s

How come there is no third support? is it just not necessary?

I was gonna do one with 3 supports/hooks.

Most racks I've seen only use 2 ... the rod/reel is not heavy, besides I think it's much easier to use just 2, if you use the third support, then all 3 have to be on exact horizontal line (perfectly leveled), otherwise you'll end up with just 2 supports anyway.

View PostMost racks I've seen only use 2 ... the rod/reel is not heavy, besides I think it's much easier to use just 2, if you use the third support, then all 3 have to be on exact horizontal line (perfectly leveled), otherwise you'll end up with just 2 supports anyway.

that is my worry, I have a 11ft,10, 2 9s, 8, and 6'7. So i was thinkin of supporting the longer ones with 3.

you could use 3 on the bigger ones to prevent any bowing but make sure to check the spacing of the guides before you do it so that the ends of each one are relatively close to make it look cleaner and not uneven

You will drive yourself nuts trying to get 3 supports layed out to support all rods equally. No two rods flex the same. Space 2 out well and go with that.