Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Knife

Re formatting memory card??

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

OK.

I was given a 4GB memory card for a camera. The kind that looks like a mini 8 track for those old enough to remember.

It was from another camera and when I place it in mine it ststes it needes to be reformatted.

I say OK and it starts to re-format then stops and says it needs to be reformatted. repeat.....

I don't know what to do. Can anybody tell me if they can be reformatted any other way? I have a 512mb card now and figured the 4GB was a great upgrade.

Don't know f its worth the effort. What are these things worth.

Camera is a Kodak "easy share" nothing fancy. Im not too savvy with these gizmosbiggrin.gif

Just wondering of its worth the effort.

THANKS

My first guess is that your camera is not compatible with a 4GB card. Your camera probably takes SD cards and not SD HC cards. An SD HC card is anything over 2GB. If you had a 512 in it, I have to assume that it's a pretty old camera that doesn't take very high res images and came out before the SD HC protocol was available to consumers.

If you know the model number I could tell you for sure.

HA... I bet thats exactly right! LOL The camera is a easy share cx7530.

5 megapixel which at the time ws pretty decent stuff. Its probably very old by todays electronic standards.

Ill assume the 4GB card is probably worth more then the camera.

Im due to replace it as my boat camera (3GB) finally succumbed to the salt.

Ill put the easy share on the boat and a new camera on the xmas list

Any suggestions for a good all around camera for an old hack?

View PostHA... I bet thats exactly right! LOL The camera is a easy share cx7530.

5 megapixel which at the time ws pretty decent stuff. Its probably very old by todays electronic standards.

Ill assume the 4GB card is probably worth more then the camera.

Im due to replace it as my boat camera (3GB) finally succumbed to the salt.

Ill put the easy share on the boat and a new camera on the xmas list

Any suggestions for a good all around camera for an old hack?

Yeah that camera doesn't take HC cards.

I'll tread softly on a recommendation since I'm biased.

Buy Canon or Nikon. If you're eyes are bad get one with a bigger LCD screen. Look for wide angle (lower mm) over long zoom. Get one with a high ISO equivilent, at least 1600 and IS (Image stabilization). Find those features in your price range. Don't get anything without putting your hands on it and deciding it's comfortable first.

View PostYeah that camera doesn't take HC cards.

I'll tread softly on a recommendation since I'm biased.

Buy Canon or Nikon. If you're eyes are bad get one with a bigger LCD screen. Look for wide angle (lower mm) over long zoom. Get one with a high ISO equivilent, at least 1600 and IS (Image stabilization). Find those features in your price range. Don't get anything without putting your hands on it and deciding it's comfortable first.

What makes those brands of camera give them your recommendation?

I'm not questioning your judgment or funning, but what makes those brands special? Is it the way the lenses are ground, or the shutter mechanism, or something else?

I don't know much about what makes a good digital camera, or who does it best for cheapest. I am in the market for a water proof, but don't want to buy junk.

Thanks.