Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husky

The U.S. Military Budget. You do the math..

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

. About 9% of the population born in Mexico is now living in the United States.[210] 28.3 million Americans listed their ancestry as Mexican as of 2006.[211] Per the 2000 U.S. Census, a plurality of 47.3% of Mexican Americans self identify as White, closely followed by Mexican Americans who self identify as "Some other race", usually Mestizo (European/Indian) with 45.5%.[212]

View PostWhat's your point?

Why is our Military budget is now over 50% of the worlds with no hostile neighbors to threaten us. OK

View PostWhat are you wondering?

The *** got censored. See above.

View PostWhat would you suggest that we do?

Stop spending so much on the military budgert would be a start. Why are we paying so much to "defend" people who inherently dislike us.

AND that aside more importantly,, I am quite tired seeing Americans dying for a bunch of people I don't give a **** about.

View PostStop spending so much on the military budgert would be a start. Why are we paying so much to "defend" people who inherently dislike us.

AND that aside more importantly,, I am quite tired seeing Americans dying for a bunch of people I don't give a **** about.

Ok so we cut our Military expenses in half, now what?

Oh and we put a machine gun every hundred yards on our mexican boarder and have pay as you play. For $1 you get 5 bullets and anything that resembles an illegal immigrant that crosses that boarder get shot in the head.

See it's a fun game for the whole family!smile.gif

Up Top!highfive.gif

View PostOk so we cut our Military expenses in half, now what?

Oh and we put a machine gun every hundred yards on our mexican boarder and have pay as you play. For $1 you get 5 bullets and anything that resembles an illegal immigrant that crosses that boarder get shot in the head.

See it's a fun game for the whole family!smile.gif\\

Up Top!highfive.gif

Cutting the budget in half would still be 3 times more than the next military highest budget,(China) but it's a start.

Your "Arcade" Idea might get wings. I like it.clapping.gif

FWIW, the main cause for the Soviet Union's demise was that they spent themselves into bankruptsy trying to compete militarily with the US.

Look at what happened in Germany in 1918. The military drained the country's resources so thin, that despite fairing well on the battlefield, the homefront was the front they lost on.

The lessons you fail to learn from history.......

People often forget that we have a professional military. Those folks get salaries and benefits including pensions that must compete with other salaries and benefits in other professions in the US. Our military families still pay the same price as you and I for homes, and cars, and food. I don't know too many soldiers who are wealthy, so it's not as if they are making money hand over fist. If you look at military spending as a % of GDP we are not on top. We are around 8th or 9th in the world.

I certainly agree that we should not be spending so much money protecting other countries but, China has the largest military at 2.5M soldiers. We have 1.5M. If you want to cut military spending then you must cut the number of soldiers. Yes there is some waste in procurement but not enough to make a serious dent. So, we (the US) before cutting our military would have to be 100% sure that China is no threat to us or our interests. As they grow their economy and demand for more resources will grow. Since natural resources have historically been the boiling point that start wars, can that be garaunteed?

View PostFWIW, the main cause for the Soviet Union's demise was that they spent themselves into bankruptsy trying to compete militarily with the US.

Look at what happened in Germany in 1918. The military drained the country's resources so thin, that despite fairing well on the battlefield, the homefront was the front they lost on.

The lessons you fail to learn from history.......

In both cases you can not look at spending in dollars, you need to look at spending as a % of GDP.

View PostIn both cases you can not look at spending in dollars, you need to look at spending as a % of GDP.

That's baloney. Who are we paying that much to protect ourselves from? What % of their GDP does Japan or China pay?