Here's a quote you might enjoy......

Rate this topic

Jim DE

While reading a new book I read this quote:

" The scientific angler is a master of the situation; he can reach any part of the current; cast into eddies at the base of the precipitous cliffs opposite; he can yield to the rush of the prey; can retire, paying out line, to surer footing, and can follow the fish along the shore; and finally, having subdued his spirit and broken his strength, can lead the prize, gleaming through the transparent water with the sun's rays reflected in rainbow colors from his scales, into the quiet nook where he can gaff him with safety. Such is fly fishing for striped bass amid the most lovely scenery, gorgeous in its summer dress of green and alternating hill and valley, dotted with pretty farms and smiling grain-fields; and there is but little sport that can surpass it"

Now this quote is the spirit of StripersOnline.com and should of been the answer to "why we fly fish?" for many. This writer, if he could, would surely of loved a format such as this. But, it was not around then. For this quote was from Robert Barnwell Roosevelt in his book "Superior Fishing: Or the Striper Bass, Trout, Black Bass, and Blue-Fish of the Northern States, 1884

We are truely fortunate to be living in the age we are; so that we and others, who surely feel the same as Robert Barnwell Roosevelt did, can share this passion for the Striped Bass on the net. Striper addiction would have been a difficult thing to treat back then! wink.gif

Tim thanks again for your efforts to provide us a "home".

Tightlines and favorable winds!

PS: this quote came out of John Waldman's book "STRIPERS An Angler's Anthology" for those of you who are interested in the writings of Striper angler's of the past and present.

Jim, it's because of folks like you that I'll always put my all into keeping this site the way it is. I'm glad and honored to be able to have provided you with both a home and a temporary fix for our addictions! smile.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.