Guy Fieri Times Square Restaurant review

Rate this topic

I just read the review in the New York Observer of Guy Fieri's new restaurant in Times Square? :shock:

http://observer.com/2012/...y-crimes-of-guy-fieri/

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood

Crime pays- Who knew he was worth $8.5 mil?

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

Found it here.

http://observer.com/2012/10/the-crispy-crimes-of-guy-fieri/

All I can say is that there is no effing way I would ever want to have anything to do with the author. Sure, the food may be poor. I would expect that from a 500 seat Times Square tourist trap. For me, that's not the issue I have with the article. It's the self absorbed "I am the oracle of all that is correct" tone of the author. What a gasbag!!!

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

That's what I thought as well. He writes an entire paragraph about obesity without mentioning the restaurant; calls Fieri "the culinary equivalent of the gun lobby"; and that he's somehow aligned with those fighting against Bloomberg's large soda ban. "Mr. Fieri’s most egregious transgression isn’t what he puts into his fellow citizens’ stomachs, it’s how the cynical slop interfaces with what he puts into their minds." :rolleyes: The author comes off as having some serious personal issues with Guy Fieri that should be addressed, and very soon before he blows a gasket. :shock:

Despite his personal issues he did like the Manhattans and thought the burgers were tasty, and there is some funny stuff there "the fries are a sticky supernatural orange simulacrum of a former potato, fried to paralysis."

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood

If you eat enough around Times square, you understand the authors' disdain for bad food theme restaurants. It was the funniest review I have read in a long time.

Who knows if the he has issues with Fieiri. I wouldn't be surprised if the critic is gay and is using the column to exact revenge for Fieri's pathetic homophobia.

"... let it go - lets move forward."

• 2 weeks later...