Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkunkLuvver

When the fishing's slow....

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

... I think I'm gonna drive around soco and run deer down with my car... Went to four spots last night and must've seen a dozen deer in between. Is there much hunting in the immediate area or is it too densely built up? I think what you guys need is an apex predator. I'll see if I can scrounge up some of those western mass wolf pups that supposedly don't exist headscratch.gif I regularly see and hear coyotes down there... are they not doing their job? just sticking to the bunnies?

So I had myself all set up for a world class skunking... everything was going according to plan when out of no where come two waaay overzealous schoolies, effing up my perfect night. mad.gif Seriously though, it was a beautiful night, found a nice rocky point for the tail of the incoming, foamy goodness everywhere, not a stripe to be seen (by me anyway) Good thing I'm only there for the scenery, right??rolleyes.gif

Anyone else do any better?

Fished from 930 Pm till 5 Am from eastern CT to all my usual haunts in SOCO. Not a bump all night. Couldn't believe how right the conditions looked yet how wrong the fishing was headscratch.gif. I'm afraid the end is near, or already here.

It went from ok bass fishing to heavy blues to nothing... real quick for me.Weekend tides seem to be weekend warrior friendly so I'll probably not be fishing it.I'm not hanging it up yet.I always thought the blues moved out well before the bass.Weird patterns this year.I saw one blitz at least a mile off the beach in daylight.Only one I've seen.Also I'm seeing more seals in RI than the years past.cwm31.gif

I havent seen a single blitz all year. frown.gif I have heard rumors of bass far up in the bay near several very urban cities tearing up bunker recently but have no confirmation, yet.....cwm13.gif Since SoCo sounds slow i may try out my myth busters act...cwm40.gif

Was driving by Scarboro after work and saw an impressive display of birds working some bait with a good deal of big surface splashing going on. About 300 yds offshore and not a fisherman in sight. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone fishing Scarboro. There must be a reason...

Something I haven't seen much of this year which worries me a little is the droves of wee little schoolies I'm normally plagued by. This is the first year I've caught more fish over 28" than under.. Anyone else seeing the same thing? I remember past years about this time seeing hundreds of the suckers zipping through cresting waves and damn near climbing out on the beach... but not this year, not for me... I'm getting a little worried about years to follow.. are we missing a generation?? Is it my fault?cwm31.gif

We were into micros last week, 14-16 inches, a bunch of them. I think they were telling us it's time to rake leaves and prepare for ice.headscratch.gif

I love the pretty baby bassheart.gif, they are the future.But Fall microbass blitzes seem to indicate that the fat lady is about to sing.frown.gif

View PostSomething I haven't seen much of this year which worries me a little is the droves of wee little schoolies I'm normally plagued by. This is the first year I've caught more fish over 28" than under.. Anyone else seeing the same thing? I remember past years about this time seeing hundreds of the suckers zipping through cresting waves and damn near climbing out on the beach... but not this year, not for me... I'm getting a little worried about years to follow.. are we missing a generation?? Is it my fault?cwm31.gif

Oh I get it... A schoolie is a striper under 28 inches !!!! LOL...silly me, I thought a 30 inch WAS a baby....wow.... guess that's what I get for being stuck just catching the bigger ones all the time...

As for slow times, a few years back I had a big buck and 2 dos leap right into the chanel in Q and start swimming across. I shouted at some guy a 100 feet from me to throw cuz in the water, it's not called hunting, it's called fishing and no regs against fishing for em....yet....