Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
C109R

Lake Wallenpaupack, PA - 10.27.10

92 posts in this topic

i know that i used to do it when i was a kid. i bought a trigger ugly stik by accident and ended up cutting the trigger because a hated reeling backwards. Just found it interesting is all.

Do most eat smallies? I never ate LM/SM bass, always thought they were really bony? I fish for largemouth all summer up in north nj.............but I always throw them back. Are they any good?

Smb got almost no bones comparing to Lmb. In soup or broiled they are yam. It was 2 of us fishing. Usually I keep all legal size fish. Why injuring fish for nothing? Also I paid $50 for fishing license and fed 3 family a good fish dinner.

Policy on this site is not to comment on someone keeping thier fish, provided the catch is legal in size and limits. Even with that policy, you're getting these comments because a lot of guys have a hard time seeing that many smallies taken out of the breeding pool. There's another issue here though.

I believe the PA limit is 4 bass per person. If I'm wrong, I apologize. You have 9 fish laid out in that pic. You may want to reconsider posting a pic of yourself with an over the limit catch on the web.

Not busting balls, just stating facts. I'm envious of those fish and have been hit the that lake for a long time, as it's only about 45 minutes from here. True stripers, hybrids, smallies, oh my!

Limit is 5 per person and it was two of us. I am sure smb population won,t count our catch as genocide.

To be honest concept of catch and release seems much more cruel to me. Hurting living creature in order to entertain your self does not sound good to me. I wonder how many thinking that hooks are harmless for fish?

View PostLimit is 5 per person and it was two of us. I am sure smb population won,t count our catch as genocide.

To be honest concept of catch and release seems much more cruel to me. Hurting living creature in order to entertain your self does not sound good to me. I wonder how many thinking that hooks are harmless for fish?

I was incorrect and I apologize. redface.gif I was looking at the wrong date. Until October 31 you can keep 6, then it drops to 4.

Nice fish. If folks want to hammer on catch and release versus harvesting, they need to start a separate thread.