Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
night shade

Buying scalped Jets tickets question...

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Will be attempting to buy 2 scalped Jets tickets this wkend.

As I've never done this before are there any do's or don'ts?

How do I know the tickets are really real?

Should I expect to pay full value?... same at kick-off time?

I'll have a stadium seating chart... and won't be handing over the cash till I'm 99.9% certain that I believe I have legit tickets seats next 2 each other.

Is this a transaction that I do openly or in a sneaky manner?

"PLAN B".... nice local sports bar to watch game with girlfriend.

If you're lucky you can probably scalp tix at cost...id on't think its worth it for a Green Bay game. Last game i was there against the Vikes i didn't see nor hear a single person trying to sell tickets considering i was tailgating for a few hours prior to kickoff. I don't really care much for seeing games in the stadium you spent more time on lines than you do watching the game.

If you have an old ticket stub bring it with you. Compare the feel of the old stub to the scalped tickets, make sure everything is spelled correctly, the lettering is in line, make sure the date is correct. I worked concert security for years, and basically went by feel for the fakes.

Wait til kickoff and you name the price really as the guy with too many won't have many choices at that point and he wants to get in to see the game. Steer clear of the professional scalpers- find the embarassed ones at the gate. Ask to see the sellers tickets to compare and just go with your gut. Seen many games and concerts for half price in DC.