Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4x4Blazer

More Access Lost

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

View PostYou really didn't lose it. you just have to walk now...

That's not exactly losing anything. Stop Driving and fish.biggrin.gif

Wrong Russ.

This is just the first shot.

First, you lose vehicular access.

Next, it is walk-on access.

Besides, if you can drive to your spot, why not? Now it's a hike over gravelly-soft sand.

Personally, this doesn't affect me, since I would not qualify for the resident permit anyway, but it is still a blow to the 4x4 community - yet again.

View PostExactly darter, I have never fished there and probably never will but I'm sure others do and your right this is the first step they take to keeping us off the beach

Even though I can only walk on, I have fished that stretch many a night and although I've never done VERY well there, I have had some fair nights' fishing. To imagine that I cannot even WALK down there anymore would really suck.

What is the best type of horse for surfcasting? How should I mount my rod holders on one? I can prolly cast & fish from one w/o hopping off.

Sorry to hear this for you guys that fish out there. Will there be parking and nighttime access there at least?

You weren't allowed to drive on there in the first place. The plan for Hallock State Park Preserve is to have it fully operational in 12-15 years. That is not saying that it won't be open until that time. That is when they think they will finish with all the amenities.

There are currently five access points in Riverhead with one that is now in court to uphold access.