Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kings over Queens

So my kid has started sleepwalking...

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

Gets up, walks around, goes back to bed. cwm13.gif

Last time I caught him was Monday, 11pm, I hear someone coming down the stairs and figure it's my wife to come yell at me for being up so late. Footsteps turn the other way, stop, so I get up and start heading over. Footsteps start back up the stairs. I get him halfway up and ask him what's going on. He mumbles incoherently in reply, something about looking for a "footing." I tell him he's sleepwalking and to go back to bed. He gives me this look as if to imply that I'm crazy.

He's go no recollection in the Morning and is objecting the safety fence my wife wants to put on the side of his bed like when he was a baby.

My brother used to sleepwalk when he was about 11 or 12. It went on for a couple of months and then it stopped. There is not much you can do about it.

View PostAny ideas on how I can peel my wife off the ceiling without leaving a mark?

tell her Dingy's little tale

View Postkeep an eye on it, my buddys kid does it and they found him outside one night...they had to put slide locks on the tops of all the doors

That should help icon14.gif

View Posttell her Dingy's little tale

That should help icon14.gif

Not helpful.

Seriously, she's frantic about this kinda stuff, and gets very bitchy when she doesn't get enough sleep. More bitchy than normal. And when I say more I mean a lot.

This doesn't end well for me.

oh, its just an observation based on a couple of recent posts of his that I happen to notice...might be the funniest guy around, for all I know..just saying my initial impression

I did it and my son did it as well. First off don't worry about waking him up, it's a myth that you shouldn't.

In fact if I didn't wake him up completely before putting him back to bed, he would just get up again.

At summer camp his counselors tied a bell to his ankle.

With my son I believe it had a lot to do with needing to go to the bathroom. I came to that conclusion because he peed in some odd places while sleep walking. (kitchen floor, laundry basket, hallway.. good times)

I found that if I walked him to the bathroom and made sure he went, he didn't get back up.

And then limiting his liquids before bed kept it to a minimum.

It ended by the time he was 11 or so.

I used to do it BAD. It sucks. I woke up at 4 AM one morning, in my fruit of the looms, leaned neatly against a tool shed. I had no idea where I was. I could see a light through the woods in the distance, so I set out towards it. Fortunately for me, it was the back porch light.

I had trekked about a 1/4 mile through some pretty dense forest and decided to take a break leaned up against a "neighbor's" shed.

Don't even get me started about the night they found me climbing the shower curtain. That didn't end well at all.