Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justinfisch01

Possessing Stripers after midnight on the coast?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Is it legal to possess stripers after midnight accorrding to the coastal regulations? I know on the bay that you cannot possess a striper from midnight until 5 am How bout on the coastal waters in MD?

I hope so. Some of the best fishing is between midnight and 5 am.

What they don't want is for you to have 4 fish in your possession, 2 from yesterday, and 2 from today, meaning 2 from before midnight, and 2 from after 12:01AM.

View PostI actually found the answer to my question after searching a little more. I know about the daily limit thing, Just in the bay they do not allow you to possess during that window.

Thats because in MD it is ILLEGAL to fish for Stripers from Midnight to 5 am .

View PostTom

Its illegal to posses rockfish in MD tidal water during this time, you can still catch and release during this time. You can fish and posses in MD coastal water 24/7.

Thanks JB !

View Postif you are fishing rt 50 bridge, is that tidal water? i didnt know this

How could you miss this ?? The OCEAN is right there and where do you think ALL those boats go ?

The whole bay and its tributaries are Tidal .

View Postgood topic guys------searched the link and am leaning towards coastal also----maybe a call to dnr will nail it down-----

No need to just "lean" or to make a call. The regs are same as they've been for a good while now, and are really quite clear. There is no 12:00 midnight to 5:00 a.m restriction on striped bass possession applicable to Atlantic ocean and coastal bay fishing in Maryland. That restriction strictly applies only to the Chesapeake Bay and its tidal tributaries.