Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chigger

Black jetty casters on Long Island?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I have noticed that black bucktails in general are not as easy to get as I thought they would be. Andrus Jetty Casters in particular. Not impossible, just difficult to walk in and het a complete ste of what you need.

Have you guys noticed this?

Is this because you guys use white at night most of the time? Much less people fish BTs at night? Or what?

If you KNOW of a shop that regularly carries Black, can you let me know?

Thanks

In a pinch, black magic markers - one of them fat, permanent ones, can quickly make any jig "black enough" HappyWave.gif

TimS

View PostMaybe somebody makes them here on the cbst. And at first glance ofthiz thread, I thought you were aiming this thread at a different discussion.

Haha my eyes popped out when I first read the thread title.biggrin.gif

Thanks for the responses, but I did not say that I couldn't find them, I was noticing that shops don't arry many or complete sets like you can find in white. That includes Paulies.

I then went on to ask

"Have you guys noticed this?

Is this because you guys use white at night most of the time? Much less people fish BTs at night? Or what?

If you KNOW of a shop that regularly carries Black, can you let me know?

Thanks"

Thanks again

Take care.

Most shops stock up on what sells the fastest. What catches the most may not even be there cwm13.gif As for bucktails, I've been tying my own for about 15 years now, I NEVER run out of a hot color. But to be honest white catches more fish for me day or night. I usually just stitch to a darker trailer at nightwink.gif

What kind of dark trailers do you like to use? I also use white bucktails 99% of the time with either a pink plastic curly tail or red pork rind.

View PostMost shops stock up on what sells the fastest. What catches the most may not even be there cwm13.gif As for bucktails, I've been tying my own for about 15 years now, I NEVER run out of a hot color. But to be honest white catches more fish for me day or night. I usually just stitch to a darker trailer at nightwink.gif