Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Looslyspooled4

Sleep fishing

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

View Postmy wife says i sometimes reel in my sleep...i don't see a problem smile.gif .

LOL one morning my wife says that during the nite in my sleep that I was very restless and flailing my arms, I told her " I was reeling in the big one."tongue.gif

I've heard of other guys doing this too- if I've been getting a lot of fish, usually bottom fishing, I'll "set the hook" as I'm drifting off the sleep.

I have dreams and nightmares all the time about dieing, killers, random things that normal people wake up panting from. I'm completely unphased.

But yesterdays nap was different. In this dream, I was on my way home from fishing, fell asleep, and crashed my car, and was very scared that I would not be able to drive to fish anymore. Then later in this dream, I broke my rod.

I woke up hyperventilating, sweating, and scared, and actually felt an overwhelming joy when I realized it was just a dream.

cwm27.gif

Once in a while I do the same, it ussually corresponds with an awesome fishing dream.

The worst is when you have a great fishing dream and you wake up all amped up and can't get back to sleep.

View PostI've heard of other guys doing this too- if I've been getting a lot of fish, usually bottom fishing, I'll "set the hook" as I'm drifting off the sleep.

great fun on road trips when your buddies fall asleep before you!!

good memories lol. cwm27.gif

had a dream last night where i saw bait swimming in the shallows being chased by albies. amazingly sweet! then i hooked up into somthing and it pulled me in the water...it yanked it far from me, i was holding on the butt section with one hand, couldn't reach for the drag so i jumped in so i didnt lose the rod. then it unhooked, saw the outlines of a hammerhead...vivid!

View PostIm glad im not the only one here, maybe we should start a group? Hold our meetings somewhere sandy or rocky? 3 or 4 times a week?biggrin.gifwink.gif

sign me up smile.gif this could be good for my self esteem smile.gif the wife should understand hehe