Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M. saxatilis

Inspired

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

PeteGray's 'diversion therapy seemed a good idea. Fisherman's steelhead patterns provided the spark. One fly a night over the past cuppla' days to help with the number crunching. The results; a little more color to keep this board lit up!

This box and all flies pictured will be donated to the American Fisheries Society, Alaska Chapter's annual meeting next month to be held in Juneau, AK. Proceeds to help offset travel expenses for college students coming in from around the state. The theme; free form steelhead spey-eque patterns for bright and low-light conditions.

My fav is the little green bug - Looks like it could be a mole crab. Various hook sizes, #4-2/0 TMC 7999.

I hope this inspires.

Rhea, spey, dee, sand crab, jungle cock, palmered, burnt hackle, spey hackle, mallard flank, tiemco, golden pheasant gp tippet red breast, guinea hen, fowl.

That's the stuff that ignites a creative fire...

Color, Texture, Proportion, Material Management... ALL spot on! highfive.gif

'Some Nelsonesque going on there !? headscratch.gif [highest compliment intended!]

Hey Kevin, I was looking at your flies again. I really like them and all will catch fish. One comment on color. I catch about 95% of my steelhead on hot pink and baby pink colors- but I fish pink mostly. Steelhead like pink. Black or black and red also is high on my list. I should add up how many steelhead I have caught in the last 34 years but I would say I average 75 per year. This year was slow- I only landed 42 fish. You can do the math. Phil

Real nice ties. Makes me want to run to the vice.

I've never used the spey feathers or reah or seen them in shops.

I would love to try tying with them. Thanks or posting your work.