Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cuxam2000

Shimano Stella 5000SW fake or real?

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Looks like a fake, you should send it to me asap. . . . . lol

No just kidding it looks real enough to me, why do you ask?

Why would you expect it to be a knock off? What was the seller's rating? Most sellers are honest just check the feedback scores. I use the old saying when I buy- if it sounds too good to be true. I once saw a Van Stall at a real good price, the knees were getting weak, till I saw it was a pawn shop. The gut reaction was it might be a stolen reel but maybe not. I was not going to take the chance, if I was wrong someone got a heck of a deal. To end the post I have never heard of knock off Stellas yet.

Icepants

If you got it from reelssellers it's real but to make sure send it to me & I'll try it out for you! You now own the finest,smoothest, real on the Planet! heart.gif

I know others will disagree but anyone who has owned one will tell you they are Sweet Reels. Good Luck & use it in good health.

View PostIf you got it from reelssellers it's real but to make sure send it to me & I'll try it out for you! You now own the finest,smoothest, real on the Planet! heart.gif

I know others will disagree but anyone who has owned one will tell you they are Sweet Reels. Good Luck & use it in good health.

Isn't he the guy who sold WoodyCT the Daiwa Catalina that had the bail assembly fall apart the second time he used it? I strongly suspect that was a reel that was previously bought, and returned when the first owner screwed around with the bail assembly and effed it up. It also arrived in Woody's hands with a crushed box. cwm13.gif

No box, no tools, no bag, it may not be a "new" Stella SW, although it is undoubtedly a real Stella.

View PostIsn't he the guy who sold WoodyCT the Daiwa Catalina that had the bail assembly fall apart the second time he used it? I strongly suspect that was a reel that was previously bought, and returned when the first owner screwed around with the bail assembly and effed it up. It also arrived in Woody's hands with a crushed box. cwm13.gif

No box, no tools, no bag, it may not be a "new" Stella SW, although it is undoubtedly a real Stella.

I spoke to Jeff the owner about the Woody situation & got his side of the story. According to Jeff he did everything he could to try & help woody out & said Woody had the reel over a Month & that he would have to send it to Daiwa for a new one & woody got bent out of shape.

Ebay backed the seller after doing a full investigation & replace Woody's negative feedback. I've dealt with that seller many a time & have nothing but good experences with him.

View PostI spoke to Jeff the owner about the Woody situation & got his side of the story. According to Jeff he did everything he could to try & help woody out & said Woody had the reel over a Month & that he would have to send it to Daiwa for a new one & woody got bent out of shape.

Ebay backed the seller after doing a full investigation & replace Woody's negative feedback. I've dealt with that seller many a time & have nothing but good experences with him.

No, they didn't. It is pretty hard to remove feedback. Both parties have to agree to it. I remember this issue so I checked again and it is still there on page 23 of reelsseller's feedback.