Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
striped_bass

Which Legend Surf

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Why would you spend so much money for a bunker chunker? headscratch.gif There is a used StCroix premium 10'6 on BST that will do the job as well as any of the Legend Surf and it will cost you only third of the money you are going to spend on the LS.

View PostWhy would you spend so much money for a bunker chunker? headscratch.gif There is a used StCroix premium 10'6 on BST that will do the job as well as any of the Legend Surf and it will cost you only third of the money you are going to spend on the LS.

I have to agree but I would suggest a Mojo. & if your not happy with it you can always trade up to the legend. I own both & really like the Mojo for the $$

View PostI have to agree but I would suggest a Mojo. & if your not happy with it you can always trade up to the legend. I own both & really like the Mojo for the $$

I would have said the mojo if that particualr rod was not available on BST.

View PostWhy would you spend so much money for a bunker chunker? headscratch.gif There is a used StCroix premium 10'6 on BST that will do the job as well as any of the Legend Surf and it will cost you only third of the money you are going to spend on the LS.

Agreed.

I like the lightness of the LS's, and I'll also be throwing some bombers with it too... Just want a rod that's capable of both when plugs are slow..

Ok, got it...you are looking for a rod that is mostly to be used for bombers but when plugging is slow, you are going to use it with 4oz and 5oz sinkers and bunker chunks. Cool...so why are you even considering a rod rated 3-8 for bombers?

View PostLooking to throw 4-5nChunk.

View Post...I'll also be throwing some bombers with it too...

Buy 2 rods.

No rod, anywhere, at any price, will do both. I promise you. You try casting <1 oz. and 6+ oz. with the same rod and you'll either not be able to even come close to loading it with the bomber or you're gonna break it with the chunk, maybe even both. Really, that's insane - 2 rods, and neither of them should be a Legend - there's just no point.

View Postshoot....for slinging bait buy a cheap 11' tica....

My thoughts exactly. I plug with a mojo and a premier and i have a heavy 10' tica tc2 that can handle 8 and bait all day long. And if it breaks who cares i paid 95.00 for it.