Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingaddict24

Ice Fishing!

24 posts in this topic

This cooling weather is causing me to think about it more and more every day. Only about two months more to wait! (hopefully) How many of you guys are planning on getting out on the ice this winter?

Will hit the ice in pa and upstate ny if I get the chance.

Really should get myself a shanty, eventually.

Remember first seeing them out on the ice, first reaction was look at those nutjobs,

Then, over time, you know looks really scenic out there,

Then what the heck let me give it a try,

Now I am one of those nutjobs that can't get off the ice.

Great video skunkmaster thanks for sharing. The first time i got out this past winter was New Year's Day. Before Christmas huh? In NJ?

Terasec, same here. I never imagined I would get into ice fishing the way I have the last two years. And now other people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them about it.

View PostGreat video skunkmaster thanks for sharing. The first time i got out this past winter was New Year's Day. Before Christmas huh? In NJ?

Terasec, same here. I never imagined I would get into ice fishing the way I have the last two years. And now other people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them about it.

Yup it was the 24th. Was out on a small pond in Sussex County. I love the first couple trips because its sooo much easier drilling holes through 3"s instead of 12+.cwm27.gif

Here is a video from those first couple trips last year. I love catching panfish through the ice but this year I may target some bigger fish. I usually only jig and rarely setup tipups, too boring for me. But that is the best way to get into some bigger fish.

th_EarlyIce09-10.jpg

View Posti figure i may be on in late november i hope mabe december 1st-2nd week i luv that 1 1/2" of black ice

1 1/2" are you out of your mind cwm31.gif i love ice fishing but im not about to put my life in serious risk for it

View Posti figure i may be on in late november i hope mabe december 1st-2nd week i luv that 1 1/2" of black ice

I hope you are a skinny little person who does not tax thin ice too much!

Just started ice fishing last year, looking forward to it big time!biggrin.gif

We go with 4 or 5 grownups and a bunch of kids. It's all about the coffee, cocoa, and the hot dogs.

I haven't successfully jigged up a fish on an artificial yet, but I will.

.............flag's up!