Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sidewinder

706z help

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever have a problem with the pancake handle coming loose on a 706? it seems to be riveted in thinking maybe someone tried something different? OH and on top of that i need a new main gear for it so....

my 706 pancake handle started to come loose, I never had a problem with the rubbery 706z pancake handle. I was also wondering how to tighten up the 706 greenie handle......I was thinking about re drilling/tapping it and then installing a new screw.

I have an older one thats loose where your talking about, I'm pretty sure they wear and loosen up over time due to usage. Whats wrong with your main gear??? post a wtb in the bst...

View PostHas anyone ever have a problem with the pancake handle coming loose on a 706? it seems to be riveted in thinking maybe someone tried something different? OH and on top of that i need a new main gear for it so....

You cannot just put a new main gear (if you can find one) in with a worn pinion, need to change both!

i have access to a good pinion as for my main gear i have a flat spot in the gear which causes it to skip when put through the reel cycle... thanks for the handle suggestion