Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cabo2005

Albright or Triumph travel rod

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

So I am getting one or the other (or ordering it) in the next couple of days for our November trip. Searched and read lots about both in the archives. Wondering, has anyone used both and which one did you prefer? Probably going with the 10' to throw tins, 2 1/2 to 3 oz rangers and the lot. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cabo

I own the Albright 10' spinning , but I've never thrown it. redface.gif

It sits behind the seat of my truck as an emergency backup. Been meaning to at least try it out one of these days. Guess it will have to wait until next season. Looks like a nice rod though.

I like my 2 albright travel rods, however, I would rather have a triumph. The main reason is the poor albright warranty versus the great st croix warranty. The only reason I have the albright is I bought them when there were goin for $80 or so a while back.

If there is any chance you can get the Tidemaster travel rods do it, they are really sweet and have very solid ferruling.I believe they have S-6 (316)stainless frames which really hold up great in the salt and Batson forecast aluminum oxide guides which are very good also.Handles braid without a hitch.

They look nice but all short rods. Looking for my new Cabo rod to be christened in November.

Thanks,

Cabo

View PostIf there is any chance you can get the Tidemaster travel rods do it, they are really sweet and have very solid ferruling.I believe they have S-6 (316)stainless frames which really hold up great in the salt and Batson forecast aluminum oxide guides which are very good also.Handles braid without a hitch.

View PostThey look nice but all short rods. Looking for my new Cabo rod to be christened in November.

Thanks,

Cabo

Is this a one-shot deal or something you're going to continue using in the future? If it's just for a single trip you're more than welcome to borrow my Albright. I won't be using it before May.

Probably a one shot deal for now. Lot's going on at our house. Very generous offer. I'll PM you.

Thanks,

Cabo

View PostIs this a one-shot deal or something you're going to continue using in the future? If it's just for a single trip you're more than welcome to borrow my Albright. I won't be using it before May.

I have 4 Albright rods & IMO a great quality rod for the $$ when they were $79.00. Albright is a dealer they don't make the rods so there warranty is not good. You brake it you pay full price for a new one. But I must say it's a decent Rod. I'm down in South Carolina now & have all of them with me. Comes in 4 pieces & a real nice caduba tube.

St Croix has a great warranty & I also have a bunch or there rods but haven't used any of the travel rods.