Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dooley

My Lucky Day!

16 posts in this topic

So my sister and a colleague of hers occasionally talk about fishing on a regular basis because he is an avid fly fisherman (ties flies for Orvis) and I'm out at least three times a week. So I stop at mom's last night on the way home to get my gear and she says "Hey, my colleague gave me these lures to give to you because he hasnt fished saltwater in years." I open the bag to find what I believe are a Gibbs mack darter, two Gibbs pencils, a Gibbs Troller, some type of spook and a hopkins tin - all unfished. highfive.gif

View Postdef hab's needles but how can you tell between a sr and jr? some of my jr's have had the 'jr" on them rubbed off. just curious

nice score BTW!

Going by the paint... I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. John Jr.'s paint is just a little bit different than his dads. The pink on the eyes on the white one and the tone of the white is actually what I'm basing it on. Jr's white/pink doesn't look exactly like Sr.'s. The bottom I'm not so sure.

Also, if the guy hasn't fished the salt "for years", it's unlikely that they are Jr.'s.