Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nfnDrum

Decent Winter boot

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Looking for a decent winter boot .. light weight flexible water proof , looking into Merell, Salomon, Sorrel ... nothing too crazy I'm not climbing Everest I'm shoveling the drive way and going sleigh riding .. i need to replace some Timberland's i picked up over 12 years ago ... they really suck. looking for comfort most of all ... I feel like Frankenstein in the Timberland's.

sorrels get my vote

red ball are okay, and cheaper

helpful hint: fold a sheet of newspaper up and put it inside between the boot and the liner

at the end of the day, throw it out and leave the liner out to dry

you will be much more comfortable

I have a nice pair of Columbia boots that are waterproof up to the ankle with leather uppers. Their light weight, warm, and very comfortable.

If you are just shoveling and stuff in them just get a pack boot or something like the mucks. If you want something you can wear long and stay comfortable look for a boot made with the munson army last. Like corcoran, russell, some red wings and some others. By far the most comfortable shoe last for most men yet one of the least used the days. Most military footwear, while maybe being of inexpensive construction, use the munson last for the shape. Ever since I found out about them, munson designed boots are all wear in the cool season and for work, otherwise barefoot or sandals. I spend 80% of my time awake on my feet.

I walk train dogs for a living, so I am outside walking all winter long. I am no boot expert, but I bought a pair of redwings last year and I was dry and warm.

I also got a boot dryer and that works fantastically as well. Makes them fresh and warm every morning.

Good luck

i swear by merrell. make sure you get the goretex ones. they have the most comfortabe i have ever worn. If you want a pair of boots that will last years go with Red Wings, but the price is much higher

sorrells are nice, but check out Keen. known for their super comfortable shoes, they're making some really nice winter boots as well, now. icon14.gif