Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisD

The new ride

11 posts in this topic

Chris before you drive it too far get your eyes checked. That cooler does not begin to come close to matching your paint. biggrin.gifwink.gif

Nice looking rig.

Not trying to scare you or anything, but did you get any type of warranty on the Expo? I had a 2004 with a sealed transmission, and my trans would slam hard from time to time, usually when you started from a dead stop. Turned out it was a problem where ford used the wrong fluid in their sealed trans and it would cause issues with the bushings. it may have been corrected by '05, but if you have a warranty keep an eye out for this issue and take it in right away if you notice any trans "slamming".

You may not have one with the sealed trans anyway. It's easy enough to tell, pop the hood and see if you have an oil dipstick AND a trans fluid dip stick. If you don't have a trans fluid dipstick, then you have one of those sealed transmissions, but the fluid issue may have been corrected.

no dipstick none of them do just had the tranny serviced not long ago shifting fine. I got the vehicle from my parents so all scheduled work was done. Hopefully it works out for me.

View PostNot trying to scare you or anything, but did you get any type of warranty on the Expo? I had a 2004 with a sealed transmission, and my trans would slam hard from time to time, usually when you started from a dead stop. Turned out it was a problem where ford used the wrong fluid in their sealed trans and it would cause issues with the bushings. it may have been corrected by '05, but if you have a warranty keep an eye out for this issue and take it in right away if you notice any trans "slamming".

You may not have one with the sealed trans anyway. It's easy enough to tell, pop the hood and see if you have an oil dipstick AND a trans fluid dip stick. If you don't have a trans fluid dipstick, then you have one of those sealed transmissions, but the fluid issue may have been corrected.

Ford had a recall for that problem