Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
longcaster

Fat redheads with freckles

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Nice fish Jim.

Be back down on Friday for the third time this season and probably gonna hit the pier on my way south.

Don't catch them all.

CJ

On Monday the count was 6, one of which was mine.

On Tuesday, a similar number were caught, including Mikes.

Mike brought out a 3000 sized spinner to snag bunker for bait. Bunker were thick swimming by the end of the pier. His rig was 3 or 4 trebles with a 1oz weight at the end.

Well, he snagged one bunker and was getting ready to crank it up when a large (50plus inch) drum swallowed the bunker and having a treble firmly in the jaw.

Mike says he has only 100yrds of 10-12lb line on the reel, it was not filled. Resisting the urge to pull too hard with the fish so close to the pilings, he let it swim 50yrds off until it turned belly up, and came in to the net.

LC,

I will be living between our Bath home and our Salvo cottage by this time next year. I hope to be semi-retired and have plenty of time to catch up with some of you established coastal pros. I need some makeup fishing time while I am still able to wrestle these rascals.

I would also appreciate the opportunity to temper your liberal politics a bit. Only fear is that if we joined efforts on the beach a new militia may form.

I'm coming down in Nov and hope to meet Mule. If you are crossing the OI during that time perhaps we can chuck some bait.

Cheers,

Al

48-49 fat girls caught this day on Avalon Pier. These don't get counted unless they are over 40".

Mike H got 5 before quitting.

The twins scored as usual.

I have injured my back and cannot cast or pull my pier cart.