Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TatonkaJames

Multi-Function Printers - HELP !!!!

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Seems we go through them every few years so we're looking to buy something substantial. Price can be as high as $500 - $700.

We both have IMac's and want a laser printer/copier/fax/scanner with auto duplex.

Suggestions ? We looked at the Xerox 6180MFP Color All-in-One, not sold on it.

Any advice would be welcome.

Just do your homework! If it is network ready be sure that you can run the faxing and scanning software over the network. I just traded by Brother color AIO laser for a Canon b/w AIO and the Canon will print over the network but you have to either buy a special print server or connect hard via USB to run the scanner remotely.

The Brother I had never gave me one bit of trouble, I just needed crisper colors and went for a higher end Ricoh color laser.

Most lesser AIO's that are not network ready require the use of a specilalized print server in order to network them. They never work very well as you need to take exclusive use of the unit to scan.

We have an HP Officejet 6210 on our Mac Pro tower and love it. It even prints photos very well. Does the usual scan, copy, print and fax as well.

Cost was pretty dang cheap too if i remember correctly.

View PostSeems we go through them every few years so we're looking to buy something substantial. Price can be as high as $500 - $700.

We both have IMac's and want a laser printer/copier/fax/scanner with auto duplex.

Suggestions ? We looked at the Xerox 6180MFP Color All-in-One, not sold on it.

Any advice would be welcome.

Goto CNET.com for reviews they are good.