Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tlacey21walden

Al Gauron Charter ?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone has been out with them before, what you thought of it and more importantly is it to late in the year really?

Thinking of going this Sunday for a 12h marathon

So someone tell me if I am cwm31.gif, or if there are still some fish out there

Thanks

Tobias

but usually on the 8 hr. Good operation that has been in buisness for many years. If you are trying to get the stern, there are some season ticket holders that usually end up with it. Don't matter to me as I like the bow anyway.

I like Gaurons best out of that harbor with the Yellowbird a close second. I think cod season is done though so you're chasing pollock and haddock right now. Myself, I'm looking southward towards RI for Tog.

Last I heard Gauron still have three 12 hour trips scheduled for this year. Should be plenty of good size pollock and some haddock. After 10/31 you won't be able to keep any cod.

Gauron run a good boat and takes care of their customers. I fished with them for 25-yeasrs but switched to Eastmans three years ago. Nothing to do with Gauron, everything to do with that pain in the butt harbor master they have now in Hampton and the 5 dollar parking fee.

View PostFished yesterday within a mile, or so of Al Gauron's charter. We did very well catching Cod, Haddock, Cusk, and Pollock.

Sounds good, I booked sunday for the marathon, I am using there rod, but should I bring some jigs? or teaser's for above the jig?

Also I was was of the wondering why one might want to fish the stern as apposed to the bow? I have only been out on a fue small charters so I am headscratch.gif on these one.

Thanks for the reply's

I will post pics, and a report sun/Monday

I start fishing with them this year. We also did the cod fling with them too back in May. Good mates with a good captain.

They don't always put you on the fish, but they always try. The last time I went out with them on a 12 hour marathon we didn't catch many fish and the captain gave us a free all day trip next. icon14.gif

When they found the pollock, they are realy on them! cwm31.gif (50lb of fillet that day)

10/31 will be the last day you can cod fish, good luck!

a good operation. Capt Rocky and crew always try their best to make your day enjoyable. I have fished with other operations in the area Gaurons and the yellowbird are the ones to go with in my opinion.

I do a charter with Gaurons every spring with SOL guys keep a lookout on this forum come feb/march for info.

Got badly "waked" by their boat off the Isle of Shoals a few years back. They went through a bunch of small boats at a stupid speed. I'd choose not to fish with such an incompetent skipper.

WIll it all started off right Left home 4:15 arrived on time checked in, the boat left at 6, arived at the fishing grounds a bit passed 8, Lines down and Pollock came up some bigger than others, My catch for the day was 4 Polick and 3 cod biggest 14#, by 11:15 the boat was heading back in to dock frown.gif, the wind had picked up out of the north and was only going to get worse, the big fish pool got won by a 20#ish cod, not a bad day but not a 12h marathon ether so they gave everyone a rain check for another full day

I cant say a bad thing about the boat/ captain he had us on fish and probly if the seas had stayed a bit flater we would have done will, the diseson to go back in was a no bran er, the ride in was a bit ruff, lets just say the crew didn't need to wash the deck.

Oh and the crew was grate there to help with any problems, and clean some fish on the ruff ride back how they could clean fish in those condescension kooky.gif

Any was got a couple of fish and a trip in the spring

Tobias