Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rustyjigz

Voting rights for....

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Illegals good? Military in a lot of states bad?headscratch.gif

So let me get this straight, people on the left think it's a great idea to not let our military vote via mail from overseas but non-citizens should be able to?

So people who actually die to protect our freedoms shouldn't vote but some illegal immigrant should have the right to vote?

I don't give a damn if they pay taxes, they are illegal...

I am sorry but I believe we should round them up and ship them out.

I locked the first thread because of the over the top antagonistic hyperbole, and highlighted in in red so you could follow.

I answered your pm about it, explaining that the premise was over the top, including the fact that their voted do get counted and there are new rules put in place by the leftists to make sure their votes get counted, but if you could find leftist that thought our sevicemen should not vote, you could make a post limiting the statemet to be about them.

You made a new post with the same over the top hyperbole, in spite of my closing of the first thread and my request to reword your post without the over the top blanket statement.

I'll give you one shot to explain why you opened this thread without rewording the premise.

No it isn't in some states they aren't allowing overseas votes from soldiers...

Despite the passage of Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act (MOVE), this seeks to ensure the enfranchisement of overseas ballots, New York and Illinois are running blatantly afoul of this new law. These two states have not sent out their absentee ballots overseas yet, which according to MOVE they were required to do so 45 days prior to the election so as to eliminate the chances of certain states not counting them because the ballots were late.

View PostThis is utter BS. Gimme a break.

Read up...wink.gif

New York and Illinois are further ignoring this law because the law takes into account states sending ballots out late. According to MOVE, if states fail to/or send ballots out late, service members are to have the right to use on-line balloting. These two states are obviously avoiding this procedure.

One might ask; are these two states going to feel the full weight of the US Justice Department upon their shoulders? If the Justice Department were not run by the partisan Eric Holder, that may be the case. The truth is the DOJ is looking the other way with this election fraud as well as the Black Panther case.

It would seem election fraud can only occur if you are a member of a minority race, which is unless you are a minority dutifully serving in the United States Armed Forces.

This is one of the most damning examples of why Americans should no longer trust or vote for Democrats. When you seek to disenfranchise our brave military members you should no longer hold any elected office, even the office of dog catcher.

To America, our service members embody greatness, selflessness, honor and courage. To the Democrats in power, our service members embody a potential Republican vote, so they need to be forgotten.

In November I am hoping to forget....hoping to forget the Democrats.

So you say over the top and i give you facts that people on the left don't want a military vote right now. Think about it Illinois and NY you can't get anymore liberal than that, except Cali...

Up Top!highfive.gif

Here is some more...smile.gif

Fox

Military voters from the land of Lincoln could be shut out of the midterm election after the Justice Department reached an agreement with Illinois that gave the state "a pass" for violating federal election law, an advocacy group warned Monday.

The Justice Department hammered out the court agreement Friday addressing the failure of 35 Illinois counties to send military and overseas absentee ballots 45 days before the election -- a requirement of the MOVE Act. The agreement gave voters from six of those counties a few extra days to send back their ballots but did not specifically address the other 29 counties.

Eric Eversole, a former Justice voting section attorney who runs the nonprofit Military Voter Protection Project, told FoxNews.com the deal effectively lets wayward Illinois election officials off the hook and does little to ensure the state's military voters get their ballots in time.

"For at least 29 counties, there were absolutely no consequences," he said. "Illinois is precisely the reason why you can't wait until a week before the election to try and resolve a clear violation of military voting rights."

For some overseas military voters, he said, "it might not get there."

The Illinois agreement was the final deal struck by the Justice Department to address states' failure to send their ballots out in time. While agreements with other states had tougher provisions compelling them to send out more express ballots and extending the deadline to receive them by many more days, Eversole's group said the Illinois decree gave "no meaningful relief" to military voters.

There is an online alternative for some military voters who do not receive paper ballots in time, and the administration is urging service members to use that option if they need to.

Bob Carey, director of the Federal Voting Assistance Program, said in a written statement that voters from 39 states can access full ballots online.

"That number includes New York and Illinois, where we have the most significant problems with late ballot delivery," he said.

Military voters can visit FVAP.gov to access the online system; all voters also can file federal write-in absentee ballots, which are available online and include federal candidates.

"Even if voters have not received their absentee ballots, it's not too late to vote," Carey said.

Nearly a dozen states have struggled to come into compliance with the MOVE Act. The Justice Department has reached agreements with eight of them, including Illinois, and has filed lawsuits against three of them.

The department subsequently hammered out agreements with those three states -- New York, New Mexico and Wisconsin.

Thomas Perez, assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division, said in a statement Friday that the Illinois agreement "will ensure that the state's military and overseas voters can participate in the upcoming federal elections."

The deadline to send out ballots, which 35 counties missed, was Sept. 18. For six counties where ballots were sent out between 16 and 20 days late, the agreement extends the deadline to receive ballots from Nov. 16 by two to three days. For those counties, the deadline to postmark the ballots moves from Nov. 1 to Nov. 2.

But the agreement does not offer a specific remedy for the 29 counties where ballots were mailed out between two and 12 days late. It instead includes a section that says election officials must mail out, either electronically or by express mail, "properly and timely requested" ballots they learn were not transmitted -- and then accept Nov. 2-postmarked ballots until Nov. 19. The decree also orders officials to make sure all requested electronic ballots are sent out.

Justice spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa said the 29 counties did not get extra time because they already have 14 extra days after the election for their ballots to be received. She said the ballots will get to them in time and if any voter's on-time ballot is not counted, "we can file a lawsuit."

Eversole, though, said the agreement just doesn't go far enough. He said it could have at the very least explicitly extended the deadline for all 35 counties. And he expressed concern that the agreement did little to prevent the violations from happening again in 2012, saying it sends the message that so long as states accept ballots after Election Day, they can ignore the 45-day requirement in the MOVE Act. The 45 days, though, were meant to give military voters enough time to receive and send back their ballots before Election Daygrey_loader.gif

"It's just the wrong message to send," Eversole said.

View PostRead up...wink.gif

you should read up, this was discussed. Read about the DOJ suing NY State and enforcing remedies in a settlement. You first article was 10 months old, before the settlement in NY. IL was recently reported and the DOJ immediately began an investigation.

NM was also sued and remedied.

I still call out bs on your statement about military votes shouldn't be counted.

View Postyou should read up, this was discussed. Read about the DOJ suing NY State and enforcing remedies in a settlement. You first article was 10 months old, before the settlement in NY. IL was recently reported and the DOJ immediately began an investigation.

NM was also sued and remedied.

I still call out bs on your statement about military votes shouldn't be counted.

Read above from Fox...

This is the Title-

Military Vote in Question After DOJ Gives Illinois 'Pass' on MOVE Act, Advocacy Group Warns

Published October 25, 2010

| FoxNews.com

link-

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...y-group-warns/

View Postyes this is evidence that liberals think servicemen should not have their vote counted.

NY and Illinois are liberal yes?

They Are playing games yes?

They are doing this on purpose yes?

View PostRead above from Fox...

This is the Title-

Military Vote in Question After DOJ Gives Illinois 'Pass' on MOVE Act, Advocacy Group Warns

Published October 25, 2010

| FoxNews.com

link-

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...y-group-warns/

if the liberals think the servicement shoudl not vote, then why extend the ballot deadline to count them,

do you see how illogical your blanket statement is????

can you see why the over the top blanket statement in your premise shows no ligitimate effort to discuss the topic, and why I made a very simple request to you to reword it?

View Postif the liberals think the servicement shoudl not vote, then why extend the ballot deadline to count them,

do you see how illogical your blanket statement is????

can you see why the over the top blanket statement in your premise shows no ligitimate effort to discuss the topic, and why I made a very simple request to you to reword it?

No because the only reason is because if they .gov didn't do whgat they did they knew for sure they would have a huge backlash.

But I will stand by what I said some on the left don't want military overseas to vote.

Letting all these illegals vote is way more beneficial to them.

When you have to bee forced like many states were and then sued, that is logical to come to the conclusion they don't want military to vote that are overseas...