Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gotcow?

Taxpayer cost of Obama's stumping efforts.

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Let me start by saying there is nothing illegal about the president traveling about the country stumping for his political parties candidates. It is one of the perks of the job.

That said it seems like that is all Obama has been doing recently. I would like to know just how much the cost to the taxpayers is. Think about the cost associated with flying air force one, staff, support, fuel ect. Two C-17 transports to carry the presidential limo, secret service, teleprompter ect. Local police and security ect. The cost must be staggering.

On second thought if he has the same success as he demonstrated earlier with the governors races and his support for the Massachusetts senate race it might just actually be worth it. biggrin.gif

he has to spend the money now since he's not gonna be President next mid term election.

look at where he campaigns. California, Washington, Delaware.

Things don't look good for him.

Worry not, he got a little more golf in on Sunday to recharge his batteries.

He needs it to campain all this week, while I don't know who is keeping that laser like focus on the economy.

Is this what he was elected for, to continually campaign.

More of that "change".

View PostBut it was all supposed to be different now.

"Change".

I guess you could say that about anything the man does....starting to get VERY boring.

:Barack Obama...."Damn it! Why did I ever have to say that! Crap! They will write that on my ****ing tombstone!!!"

Well its costing a tad less than you may think. Last night, the One goes to some bigshot leftists home for a fundraiser dinner in Providence RI. Seven thousand five hundred dollars a ticket (Now the owners of Al Forno are catering. Its one of the coolest restaurants that decent people would allow someone like myself in the doors. Its great, but the people paid the bucks to hobnob with an actual President, not to eat the guy Germond's food. My favorite Al Forno recipe will be found below*).

So what does the head of the Democratic Party and the President of the usa do to these people?

Walks in the door, gives his standard stump speech, and splits! Frickin just walks out the door.

Thats not even the best part. He, for some Stupid Ass reason, feels the need to explain why he is leaving. He tells people that have given Seven Thousand Five Hundred Dollars just to hang out with him, and he tells them that he needs to leave Proividence to put his kids to sleep (at around 8 pm? School kids, school night still out of bed at 8 pm, never mind when he gets home? Shame.), walk his dog, and clean up his own dog's feces.cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

So the question is why? Is he just plain lazy? Is he demoralized and broken down by the massive backlash against him? Or is he doing the whole "Rock Star Act" that I had to painfully endure for so many years?

We may never know. I am sure the people at that dinner are the Uberfaithful and will never rat him out, but I do hope someone in the newspaper biz will at least ask. probably not. Anyway funny, and we cut a bit of OT off the Secret Service guys time.

*As promised, Penne with Five Cheeses. Simple as can be, but the mix of cheeses is the bee's knees:

• 2 cups heavy cream

• 1 cup crushed tomatoes in thick tomato puree

• 1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino Romano (1 1/2 ounces)

• 1/2 cup shredded imported Italian fontina (1 1/2 ounces)

• 1/4 cup crumbled Italian Gorgonzola (1 1/2 ounces)

• 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese

• 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced

• 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped

• 1 pound imported penne rigate pasta

• 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter

Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.

Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil in a stockpot.

Combine all the ingredients except the penne and butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.

Drop the penne into the boiling water and parboil for 4 minutes. Drain well in a colander and add to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, tossing to combine.

Divide the pasta mixture among 6 shallow ceramic gratin dishes (1 1/2 to 2-cup capacity). Dot with the butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, 7 to 10 minutes.

Little - the best part was the Dem Governor of RI telling the Pres. to "shove his endorsement".

The libs soon forget that when Rhode Island was UNDERWATER, Barry Sotero flew into Boston for a hob-nob Brie & Chablis event and couldn't be bothered to drive the 30 minutes to Providence to at least pay homage to the faithful and give them a little buck-up. He probably had to rest up for his 8th vacation (all the campaigning is tiring). Remember when all the lib media went crazy when Bush went to Texas for a long working weekend at the ranch?? Kind of quiet now that "the one" basically has people peel his grapes and wipers satanding by at the royal commode. His sycophants amuse me. I will be all the more amused next Tuesday!!

View PostMe neither

Thats the first, most important job of a politician, Get elected.

They get to speak their mind, just like you and I. Ain't pretty, it just is.

Note to elitists in the future that are considering booking the president: Get a signed rider. Times, dates, and what is expected.

View PostLet me start by saying there is nothing illegal about the president traveling about the country stumping for his political parties candidates. It is one of the perks of the job.

That said it seems like that is all Obama has been doing recently. I would like to know just how much the cost to the taxpayers is. Think about the cost associated with flying air force one, staff, support, fuel ect. Two C-17 transports to carry the presidential limo, secret service, teleprompter ect. Local police and security ect. The cost must be staggering.

On second thought if he has the same success as he demonstrated earlier with the governors races and his support for the Massachusetts senate race it might just actually be worth it. biggrin.gif

----

View PostThats the first, most important job of a politician, Get elected.

They get to speak their mind, just like you and I. Ain't pretty, it just is.

Note to elitists in the future that are considering booking the president: Get a signed rider. Times, dates, and what is expected.

He already got elected. Now he has to do his job. I dont think his job is to get other politicians jobs.

Using the Presidents stature to et money for campaigning events is not right IMO, its also not fair to the opposing party.

View PostHe already got elected. Now he has to do his job. I dont think his job is to get other politicians jobs.

Using the Presidents stature to et money for campaigning events is not right IMO, its also not fair to the opposing party.

Not in 2012 he didn't.