Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charleston

Another Tire question;

10 posts in this topic

I am going to buy a new set of tires for my 2006 Jeep GC. I looked at the Michelin, Goodrich Revo and the Firestone Destination LT somethingorother. The Fireston Destinations are rated and warrenteed as highly as teh others but cost almost $60 per tire less. Anyone have any expreience with teh Firestone Destination tires? The deal is pretty good at $140/tire.

for me , if it has firestone on the side ; i don't want it !!

i've had nothing but trouble with them ..

i'll pay twice as much for another tire , just as long as it isn't firestone !!

I put Destination AT's on my son's 98 pathfinder and other son's 2002 Ranger. Both vehicles have since been sold. No issues while we had them. Good snow traction and no issues on the beach aired down. Tirerack rates them highly. Bridgestone owns Firestone so technologies could be similar. At the time I bought I don't think there were as many Destination versions as now listed. You can get AT's, MT's, LE's, and ST's just for Light trucks/SUV's.

My wife's G. C. Jeep has Coopers. They have the best sidewalls in my book [less sidewall cracks] even though they don,t last as long. I,m not into hyway blowouts. FYI I think they are the 15"rims-1996year.

I can't help you with the new low profile tires but someone is always taking the car to Nauset[nine miles away] and that's a lot of low air driving

Decent tire, they do not have the life of some of the others. Well at least the AT versions. You actually don't say what you are looking at. The revo's are AT tires. The rest you do not mention.

If looking for a great traction long lasting all season tire like the Michelins make sure you check out generals HTS. I have run no less than 3 sets of the michelins and have a set of the generals on my wife GC for the past 35k+. Great tire, incredible wear and close to the traction of many AT's I have run. Would put them up against the michelin LTX anyday and they cost far less. Check out the tests and ratings from four wheeler magazine and consumer reports.

While I agree that Michelin makes the best rubber available today, they are Insanely priced!

Last November After my trucks latest growth spurt, I went with the Firestone destination ATs. It's been about a year & 10K miles & I have "0" complaints, Nice smooth quiet ride (for an AT tire), Very Good in the snow, Dirt & aired down on the beach. At $116 per tire they were a bargain, The Michelins were $187 each; when you are purchasing 5 the $$ add up fast.

+ What Michelin calls an AT thread is a little too Highway for my truck!

I see it has been a few years since the last post on Firestone Tires, All tires have gone up a great deal in the past year,So shopping for price is important to all of us.

I found that Tire Rack on Line has fair prices and good service.I just purchased four(4) Firestone Destination A/T 255/70R/16 @ $146.00 each plus $15.00 shipping for each tire.

The tires arrived in one day to my installer.,Installation prices will vary depending on who you use.

So far the tires seem fine, Run Quite on the highway and the overall reviews on line are Good.. I have seen on other post that they are fine on Beach Also.

Bridgestone may have made some improvements to their Firestone Line. Hopes this helps if you are looking for Tires at a fair price.

I second Doggies plug for the General HTS. If I wanted an ALL Season, they would be choice #1. About 5-6 years ago, something changed in Firestone. I had the firestone Blizzaks, there were actually Blizzaks 1 and Blizzaks 2, and around that time they combined them into one tire. Around that time I had heard nothing but problems with them.

Looking AT, I have had nothing but GREAT things to say about Nitto Terra Grapplers.