Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PeterO

jalapeno poppers

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Got a new toy - a popper stand - for my most recent birthday and made some poppers. I also received the pepper corer tool for extracting the the ribs and seeds - very handy tool to have

I filled the poppers with a combo of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage (sage) and cheddar cheese and put them in the toaster oven for about 45min (too lazy to fire up the grill). They were very tastydrool.gif

Any other stuffing recipes worth trying?

stuffed and ready to be baked

just about done

after they cooled I sliced them in half

I should get one of those pepper stands. I love ABT's on the smoker.

I have been thinking about making some fried poppers that use some peppers with more fire, maybe big habaneros. mad.gifhighfive.gif

I eat a lot of really hot stuff. After a while your backside turns into a derivative of nomex (think fire suits). It doesn't effect me the next day, at least not enough to bother me.

View PostGot a new toy - a popper stand - for my most recent birthday and made some poppers. I also received the pepper corer tool for extracting the the ribs and seeds - very handy tool to have

Attachment 405204

I filled the poppers with a combo of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage (sage) and cheddar cheese and put them in the toaster oven for about 45min (too lazy to fire up the grill). They were very tastydrool.gif

Any other stuffing recipes worth trying?

stuffed and ready to be baked

Attachment 405201

just about done

Attachment 405202

after they cooled I sliced them in half

Attachment 405203

I've had one of the stands and pepper corers for a few years now. I love it.drool.gif

I often stuff the peppers with a crabmeat,shrimp and garlic stuffing, or sweet italian sausage, onion, and parmesan cheese.

They are also good when stuffed with good kielbasa and saurkraut.

If you are going to do it, use the grill. It makes a big difference. Roast them till they take on a golden color and the skins start to split smile.gif

There are no rules that say you must use jalapeno peppers. When I make them for a football game party or a gathering, I sometimes make half of them with sweet italian frying peppers. I must admit, they are awsome toodrool.gif

jala3resize.jpg

Oh almost forget. The foil underneath is important. Not only will it catch the drippings, but it will keep the bottom half of the peppers from turning black with char. It doesn't taste bad, it just doesen't look as appetizing

View PostI've had one of the stands and pepper corers for a few years now. I love it.drool.gif

I often stuff the peppers with a crabmeat,shrimp and garlic stuffing, or sweet italian sausage, onion, and parmesan cheese.

They are also good when stuffed with good kielbasa and saurkraut.

If you are going to do it, use the grill. It makes a big difference. Roast them till they take on a golden color and the skins start to split smile.gif

There are no rules that say you must use jalapeno peppers. When I make them for a football game party or a gathering, I sometimes make half of them with sweet italian frying peppers. I must admit, they are awsome toodrool.gif

jala3resize.jpg

Oh almost forget. The foil underneath is important. Not only will it catch the drippings, but it will keep the bottom half of the peppers from turning black with char. It doesn't taste bad, it just doesen't look as appetizing

Excellent! I think you posted that picture before - makes my mouth water looking at itdrool.gif

Ive filled mine with diced sauteed onions & shallots mixed with cream cheese and cheddar cheese. I wrap em in bacon & throw them on the smoker.

Ridiculous. Next day I was eating them for breakfast (and paying the price by lunchtime mind you). cwm13.gif