Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keywest

New Jersey Angler Magazine

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

That is a good question now that you bring it up. This is the last year I subscribe to them. On the water is definitely the next and they don't seem to just send you an issue when they feel like it.

View PostThat is a good question now that you bring it up. This is the last year I subscribe to them. On the water is definitely the next and they don't seem to just send you an issue when they feel like it.

Same here. Im done. I renewed my 2 year with them and I get them sporatically. OTW is my next mag.

They announced they were skipping I think to get back on schedule, but it did not solve the problem, the last issue I received was the last week of the month, I guess they are busy filming their TV Show.

Same thing happened last year. All the issues got backed up. I let my subsciption run out last year then in march I figured I'd give them a second chance and renew. Well I paid for two years and I haven't seen one copy yet, since March! They owe me something, that's BS...

Its a shame, but its just the reality of our times. There is no money for print advertising in local fishing mags or any other form of print media. Everyone is hurting.

Tackle shops closing up, boat dealers going under, and party boats sitting idle in the basin. Shame.frown.gif

OTW is in my mind the best up and down the coast but I am biased.smile.gif They run a tight ship and make tough decisions. But most of all they really interact well with the anglers. If you have a good idea for a story and are just a regular guy that can string a few coherent sentences together you have a good shot at a feature in OTW...

Try that with other magazines, they are the owners personal sandbox, and these days thats just too small.

The problem with all of these fishing rags is they are selling product. Advertisers get the reveiws good or bad product! And fishing reports are always good... The articles seem to be rehashed year to year! And some of the jack bags that write the articles are just..... well jack bags!! Not mentioning any names. I get more from 40 and 30 year old SWS articles writen by Frank Woolner and Frank Daignault, They still hold water today!!

Looks like our money went down the toilet with this magazine...At least I only paid one year subscription....They don't pick up the phone or answer emails...Shame...

Without getting too sarcastic, is there a big difference in the two OTW versions, meaning do the articles overlap. I was thinking of subscribing to both just to read something, but never bought both in the same month.

View PostWithout getting too sarcastic, is there a big difference in the two OTW versions, meaning do the articles overlap. I was thinking of subscribing to both just to read something, but never bought both in the same month.

Way too much overlap. I had both editions last year and only renewed teh New England edition this year. I like teh NE because I kinow more places up that way than I do in NY/NJ.

View PostWithout getting too sarcastic, is there a big difference in the two OTW versions, meaning do the articles overlap. I was thinking of subscribing to both just to read something, but never bought both in the same month.

I subscribed to both and there is a lot of article overlap. The articles that don't overlap tend to be more location specific, so I still find it useful to get both since I go up to the Cape regularly. If I fished strictly NY/NJ, it would be worthless to get the New England edition, and vice versa.

Oh, and ironically, the New England Edition always gets to my house a day or three before the NY/NJ edition. headscratch.gif

yeah that magazine frustrates me.. always a month and half to two months late.. pretty much after the seasons are on there way out... cant wait for the august issue.

I too have been trying to get in touch with them.

No response with either phone or email.

The last issue I received was the August 2010, missed September & October so far.

I paid them last November so I guess if they went "belly up", I only lost about 3 issues out of the yearly subscription. Oh & the one the "skipped"!!

Not very "sporting" of them not to just fess up & give the subscribers the low down on what has happened to their publication.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif