Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cauman85

Sandy Point SP

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

gonna head out and give SPSP a try tomorrow (tuesday 26th).. first time out on the bay and have some basic tackle.

anyone that cares to come join me and give a lil guidance is more than welcome...

ill be fishing around the beaches/jetty's.

young guy, beard, backwards black pittsburgh penguins hat

hoepfully run into a couple fish..

Take some plugs with you 5-7". There is a lot of big bait around right now. I mostly fish flukes, but it's not as easy to get the rhythm down starting out.

Try that Jetty closest to the bridge when the tide is moving, should find some in there! Let us know how you do!

Lots of them out there right now GS... not from a kayak though! You catching much lately? I got this one last night too.. I love those swamp monkeys!

PA250519.JPG

didnt get on any fish last night at the bridge. went out too early, had the wrong tackle, line, and broke alot off just casting.

gonna get set up right and head back soon...

View Postdidnt get on any fish last night at the bridge. went out too early, had the wrong tackle, line, and broke alot off just casting.

gonna get set up right and head back soon...

View Posthaven't been out in a while but hope to fish the bridge this weekend!

Takes time to get it down. What's your setup, maybe we can help?

GS- you got to get out man! This weather isn't going to last much longer...

View PostTakes time to get it down. What's your setup, maybe we can help?

i was only using 15lb mono, but am switching to 20lb braid this week with hopes to get back out this weekend. I couldnt feel anything with the mono trying to jig off the bottom... didnt wanna lose my limited supply of plugs i have right now so i left before dark...

15 lb mono should be fine, I usually use either 12 lb mono or 20lb braid. Braid can be very unforgiving to the inexperienced angler. It will slice your fingers, wind knot, break for no reason, ect. Expect to loose some plugs and or jigs still.

Have you tried the pre-rigged swimshads? 4-6" in bunker or white usually will produce. Usually you can buy 4-6 of these for the price of one small plug, so that might be a better option for right now till you get your gear situated.

alright thanks. i have some limited experience with braid and never seem to have any of the problems you listed, but im sure its bound to happen.

i did take some swimshad's and was trying to work in different areas on the jetty, but didnt have any luck. my biggest problem was that i couldnt feel anything when i was jigging on the bottom. i never knew when i was on the bottom or not when it was still light out.

If the current was running you probably weren't on the bottom which is ok. Look for places where the current creates a rip (looks like a creek flowing through the rest of the wate) and work your lure through these areas. Cast over the rip and reel slowly through it, cast ahead of the rip and reel into it, cast into the rip and reel out of it into the slack... etc. Just work the moving water and you should find some fish!