Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScottCullen

Sunday Report

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Hi,

We headed out of Boston around 5 AM pointed toward the SEC and found Charlie (60-125# range).

We tried everything we could to hook-up but no luck (spreader bars, daisy chains, live bait, jigging, top water, and swimmers).

We did end-up with some Cod and big blues (12-14# range).

Overall a nice day on the water but no tuna.

How did everyone else do?

Scott

I was out there too Scott. No hookups for me either. A buddy on another boat landed two keepers and got spooled by another. I tried finding some Cod to save the day but couldn't find them for the life of me. Surprised how many boats were out there!

I thought there would be more boats since it was a calm day.

We had Tuna all around the boat sometimes (50 feet) and NADA.

What were you throwing?

Glad you got out there Scott. Too bad you couldn't get them to eat. White Hogy's never fail. smile.gif

I'm still praying for one more day in the next two weeks to get out there.

View PostI thought there would be more boats since it was a calm day.

We had Tuna all around the boat sometimes (50 feet) and NADA.

What were you throwing?

Seemed like there were a lot of boats to me, although, this is my first season fishing stellwagon. We had some good shots but no love...had one air out on halfbeaks 30 ft from the boat. Threw poppers, ron-z's, jigs, no love. I think my buddy on the other boat got theirs jigging.

Spotted a GBFT 1/4 mile south of Outer Brewster about 8AM Sunday.

Thought it was a whale at first, way too fast.

1st time I've seen one, very impressive size and speed. Saw about 4 feet of the dorsal skimming the surface going about 30 mph.

Live lined macks, for the day, only dogs, and short cod.

Couldn't ask for a better weather day this time of year. Hopefully there will be another.

beers.gif

Kids always come first! wish my 2 were more into fishing. first time in saltwater we found a school of blues, he got spoiled. next time, no fish, he was bored in 20minutes. He'll appreciate it someday

We lucked out on the Beth Ann.

Trolled ballyhoo's, deep divers - no luck, casting plugs, jigging RonZ's and butterfly jigs - no luck. Started to jig up big blues - my buddy says let's hook one up and float it out there - I say too big, 15 lbs - but go ahead.

30 minutes, I make the call, we're moving. I crank the shimano 50 with the blue on it twice, seems a little heavy, look up and don't see the balloon anymore, look down and see line peeling off. He took us down about 2/3rd's of the way and I'm backing the boat down the whole way.

50 minutes later and we have a 75 incher, slim at only 225 pounds but it's a keeper (commercial license, not recreational). My nephew Matt with charlie.

Really nice fish

View PostWe lucked out on the Beth Ann.

Trolled ballyhoo's, deep divers - no luck, casting plugs, jigging RonZ's and butterfly jigs - no luck. Started to jig up big blues - my buddy says let's hook one up and float it out there - I say too big, 15 lbs - but go ahead.

30 minutes, I make the call, we're moving. I crank the shimano 50 with the blue on it twice, seems a little heavy, look up and don't see the balloon anymore, look down and see line peeling off. He took us down about 2/3rd's of the way and I'm backing the boat down the whole way.

50 minutes later and we have a 75 incher, slim at only 225 pounds but it's a keeper (commercial license, not recreational). My nephew Matt with charlie.

Thanks guys - when Jimmy said he wanted to use it I said no way, but what the hell, they were not hitting anything else, at least for us.

Friend of mine got 3 to the boat, same spot/day, all on RonZ's - got to ask what color/size/technique - he's doing something I am not!

at the sec 730 am lot of boats waitng for something to happen, no whales no birds workingn, bad sign limtied out on dog fish, nothing else hit off the bottom............ off day or is it overheadscratch.gif