Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bradW

suzuki outboards

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

I've got a baby Zuki....6 HP.

Love it. Runs like a dream.

My friend with 60 HP has nothing but good things to say about his.

I run mine in the winter months up here (VT) and it doesn't matter if I'm in 34* water or 75* water. Purrs like a kitten.

I forgot to mention, mine is a late '80's model.

View PostI've got a baby Zuki....6 HP.

Love it. Runs like a dream.

My friend with 60 HP has nothing but good things to say about his.

I run mine in the winter months up here (VT) and it doesn't matter if I'm in 34* water or 75* water. Purrs like a kitten.

I forgot to mention, mine is a late '80's model.

IMO Zuke makes the best 4 stroke outboards right now.

The only complaint I've heard about Suzuki is that some folks don't like the color. I have a white Johnsuki so I am of course biased. Yet there are a thousand shades of white so it doesn't really match the hull. If there is service in your area then this is a best bet.

View PostIMO Zuke makes the best 4 stroke outboards right now.

My grandfather had an old 2-stroke that ran like a top for years and years.

I've always been a fan and feel the same way about their newer 4-stokes.

View PostEven through they have been proven reliable motors I would still have someone take a look at it.

it's new. i hope it runs good!cwm27.gif

You already said you're getting it, but I also have nothing but great things to say about my 150 4 stroke. 225 hours or so, and it has been great. I'll do my first impeller change this spring, but maintenance has been easy so far.

They are definately very good motors! The only downside is parts can be hard to come by and their warranty program tends to be a little shady at times(And that is coming from two friends that are suzuki dealers) otherwise i would take a suzuki over every other motor out there except a yamaha

I bought a new Suzuki 50hp 4-stroke in 2000. It came as part of a package on on a 17' aluminum side console and trailer. I have had an unbelievable great run of 10 years with this motor. As hard as it is to believe, I had to turn the key twice one time to get it to start. I put a lot of hours on this motor in both salt and fresh and find it to be smooth, quiet, efficient, reliable, and powerful Simply put, it's the best outboard motor I have ever run...and I used to drive boats commercially for many years so I have run them all.

The only problem I have had with this motor occurred 2 years ago during some particularly hot weather. I had vapor lock and had to occasionally bleed the fuel system (which is quite easy to do). I count that as a fuel problem though, not an engine problem.