Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dadinthesuds

ford trans / transfer case prob ????

3 posts in this topic

have a 1995 full size ford bronco, eddie bauer edition that i use strictly for the beach. recently been having a problem where while riding on the beach in 4wd, it just drops out of 4wd and i have no movement. what i have to do is stop the truck, keep it in drive (otherwise putting it in park makes a grinding noise) push the 4x4 button to take it out of 4wd, (which causes a hard bang in the trans/transfer case???) and then push the 4x4 button again to put in 4wd andd off i go. its been happening more often recently. anyone ever hear of or experience this kind of problem????

also, i am in ocean county nj, toms river area, anyone know of a good reputable trans shop???

obviously this is a problem i have to address, costly one at that. guess i will just have to tell the wife this years company bonus is already spent !!drool.gif

Sounds like a bent shift fork to me, but could be a solenoid or vacuum issue. Instead of shifting while in park or drive, put it in neutral before reengaging, might be eaiser on the trans

Stop driving it and take it to a place that goes beep beep MCO. (Don't want to get in trouble with Tim). They will perform a free TranScan for you and tell you what needs to be done. The more you drive it the more damage you are going to do making the repair that much more. Trust me. I own an trans shop in Bergenfield, NJ.